Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Herb, it's the herb...great old term which I find the most descriptive....

2. Why do they even call it pot?

3. This I would like to know, too! Probably not because it's a pot plant :rolleyes:

4. "I'm smokin' the dank, I'm smokin' the pot; I'm smokin' the sess, but NEVER tha rock." - KrayzieBone

It's better than calling it "dope"

I really hate that..

5. i am so high from the dope pot, isn't that so tree?

6. I think "Herb" is a good one for casual everyday use because it's short, easy to say, non-technical, somewhat evasive if needed and isn't derogatory like calling it a weed.
    :smoking:

7. Weed, bud, and herb are really the only names for it I use.

8. Oxy, K, Perc, tabs, scripts, xanies, luudes, roophies, Ice,
    Those are all slang that I hear every day, but they're all taken seriously as medicine. IMO the name really plays no role in legalizing, or in advances in the acceptance of marijuana as a legitimate medical aide. A name is just a name.

9. [quote name='"Skunkariffic"']

Oxy, K, Perc, tabs, scripts, xanies, luudes, roophies, Ice,
    Those are all slang that I hear every day, but they're all taken seriously as medicine. IMO the name really plays no role in legalizing, or in advances in the acceptance of marijuana as a legitimate medical aide. A name is just a name.[/quote]

Lol I don't think doctors go "yo I hear you prone to anxiety attacks, lemme prescribe you some xannies" or "you still got pain from that surgery? Damn bro these oxys will fix that shit real quick"

You see what I'm getting at?

10. Yessss I hate it. It makes me think of 70's parents when they are nagging their teens about smoking 'pot' lol

11. [quote name='"Skunkariffic"']

Those are all slang that I hear every day, but they're all taken seriously as medicine. IMO the name really plays no role in legalizing, or in advances in the acceptance of marijuana as a legitimate medical aide. A name is just a name.[/quote]

Doctors don't usually use all those terms. Mostly slang terms are used in a recreational sense, rather than a medical one.

12. [quote name='"MichaelMongrel"']I don't like pot, but I don't mind most other names.

I do, however, hate when people call all dank "kush".[/quote]

This x74928163940. I don't really care if people say pot, though.

When people call any dank "kush" it's how you know they know nothing about but. They're the people that smoke to be cool.

13. Oh, forgot...sometimes Icky Sticky is fun to use. I think because of the way the herb affects our thinking, it sort of lends itself to a plethora of creative names. But as the saying goes, "A rose by any other name is still a rose..."

14. [quote name='"Skunkariffic"']

Im in florida, and we have a huge problem with pill abuse, but around here if u call medicine by the slang they don't like to give them to ya.

15. We say maryam jaan as code lmao

16. Ya I do it irritates the fuck out of me

17. pot fine. what i hate is those people that refer to all good weed as "dro" or "kush"

18. seems out of touch and irrelevant

19. Yeah I can stand the loser's who use the word dro and kush.... oh wait.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app