Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does Anyone Else Hate The Term medical?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Haruto, Jul 29, 2014.

1. so, i live in nevada, a medical state. a medical state right next door to california, thee medical state. a lot of people throw around the term "medical" like it means the quality of the bud is thaat much better, when in fact the only thing that constitutes medical bud is that the grower had a green card. i personally hate the term and think that it's somewhat of a sales point for people who don't really know bud.

i realize that if you go to a clinic, you can have your pick at tons of different strains and naturally there will be a selection of high quality trees, as well as stress.

that said, this is solely about STREET weed, not walking into a dispensary.

what do you guys think?

2. I know what you sayin, know im sayin?

I've heard people street bud in medical states is better than the actual bud.

~Pace

3. a lot of times the grower will sell some to the clinic and some to dealers. the dealers get it and sell it for cheaper, so pricewise that could be accurate

4. Medical basically has become interchangeable wtih dank. But collections do sell low grade bud for cheap as well, so not very accurate. Kind of annoying how much emphasis people put on the word medical, but overall i don't mind the term all that much

5. It's the dumbest thing since calling it marijuana..

If street dealers call it "medical" it's so it will SOUND better and people pay more for it.

My favorite dealer never called his shit "medical" although i'm pretty fucking sure it would over-qualify!! Miss my homie, oh I can still smell it, new shipment day and ahhhh smells so nice..that's some aromatherapy for ya there.
    Lol

6. It's just like "Kush" or "Dro" 

I hate 'em all.

7. I always just think of Medical and use Dispensary thats all it really means. Dispensary weed

8. Since I'm a medical mj patient, everything is medical to me, no matter where it comes from. Hehehe

Being a patient is the only thing that makes it medical, not the quality Or strain.

9. #9 LuxSpiritus, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    No. Why would I. The latin root of the word is exact.
    The word medicine is derived from the Latin ars medicina, meaning the art of healing
    Skimmed. But by US distribution laws, most products of regulation have to have a purpose provided for the selling of it.

10. I've pretty much tuned the term out.  I was getting uppity feelings about MMJ but then just realized life is better when you don't let little shit like that bother you.  It's like saying dro in the south or chronic in the midwest or whatever.  Just a term for higher quality buds, that's all it is.

11. When its used to describe the quality of weed I just think there's a lot of other words that are a better fit

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. From where I come from, people only refer to weed as "hydro" or "bush" meaning hydroponic or naturally grown. Obviously, bush is way cheaper, but way more accessible. You can get the odd strain here and there, but mostly it's either sativa or indica.

13. #13 Nugagerube, Jul 30, 2014
    Naw I don't mind it

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I hate the word 'dank' too , got any good alternatives? 

15. "good" always suffices

16. I dunno , if someone offered  you some 'good' weed or some 'dank' weed which would you pick?

17. Ehh..Who cares what you're calling it..smoke that shit.

18. #18 TheWhiteLighter, Jul 30, 2014

Well if it really is a Kush strain then whats the problem? You should be able to tell a true Kush by smell at least.

Dro on the other hand has been used for years and is simply a method of growing. Annoying when it is used as a description of quality.

Dank is the one that bugs me. Always has always will.

19. #19 Juan Hitter Quitter, Jul 30, 2014
    I find it kind of retarded..same thing with being called a 'patient'. I know alot of folks who go to the dispensary have a legit condition or whatever, like back pain etc.. 
    but more often than not, when you go in there, you see alot of people like yourself, someone who found a good doctor who'd refer you because you said you had anxiety(and I was like 'really? you can get weed just for feeling anxious?), back problems, lack of appetite, insomnia, whatever..
    like I said, last time I was at a dispensary, I did'nt see very many 'sick' people, just alot of regular lookin folks.

20. well this is the exact reason i started this thread, because medical is a load of shit. only way you know if it's good is by smoking!