Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else get pissed off at straight edge people?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dankblower2639, May 7, 2012.

1. All I hear come out of ignorant straight edge mouths are that if you smoke pot you won't go anywhere in life. Where does that theory even come from? Its not just one straight edge person who says it its all of them. They bash pot all the time and I'm sick of it. I'm a pothead but I also have a full time job, high school diploma(graduated on time), plus I've been told I'm one of the hardest workers at the factory I work at. And I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that feel the same way. The lazyness comes with it but when you have responsibilities you take care of them. So really none of us on gc are going anywhere? Ha bullshit we are already ahead of you narrow minded assholes.

Please share your opinions and Experiences with these type of people.

2. Some of them are young and don't know any better.

3. #3 ghostonvacation, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    Nothing wrong with being straight edge unless you are also a Demon. Exterminate all Demons.

4. hey go tell it to the straightedges.

5. only thing that pisses me off bout straight edgers is that they think they know it all

6. cant get hung up with how other people live. be happy with your life not annoyed with somebody else's. if they start spouting ignorant shit just walk away. not even worth giving them the time of day, but its also not your job to tell them off.

7. i have an important job, deal with alcoholics and drug addicts, and people who smoke copous amounts of weed, and i toke too. its not true.

8. Ya tell them to read a history book our 4-fathers were a bunch of heads. Washington said we should give out seeds to plants in every empty field so that it can be used. If you can make it from trees you can make it out of hemp too. Rope, sails, pants, shirts, paper, and that's just a few. A pot plant grows at a much faster rate then any tree, just think off all the forest that get leveled every day cutting down 150 or 200 foot trees and they replant a 6 foot tree. Ya great 100 years you can do it again. But the same field with pot plants can be cut 3 maybe 4 times a year! Look up "DuPont" back in the day he was big in keeping pot illegal cuz he had one of the largest logging company.

FUCK THE MAN

9. There are people who are strait edge and are not going to throw it in your face. A person who is straight edge means they choose not to use certain type of substances and drugs. I know some people who choose to include caffeine in with that too.

It's more of a self control issue with people who know they are more susceptible to drug addiction. They feel it's best to live a completely pure life from substances to avoid and abstain from abuse.

Or some of them choose to for spiritual reasons. Or moral reasons. Or even ethical. Some are straight edge out of ignorance and propaganda. Is everyone that last category though? Not by a long shot.

Not really fair to stereotype people like that. Makes you out to be narrow-minded, much as you are trying to pin on these people.

Although, anti-marijuana activists are annoying and incredibly ignorant, so yes I agree with the OP on that.

10. Straight edge people freak me out man.

11. I only have a problem with them when they try to force their way of life down my throat.

To each his own.

12. Naa more weed around for us smokers..

13. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']There are people who are strait edge and are not going to throw it in your face. A person who is straight edge means they choose not to use certain type of substances and drugs. I know some people who choose to include caffeine in with that too.

It's more of a self control issue with people who know they are more susceptible to drug addiction. They feel it's best to live a completely pure life from substances to avoid and abstain from abuse.

Or some of them choose to for spiritual reasons. Or moral reasons. Or even ethical. Some are straight edge out of ignorance and propaganda. Is everyone that last category though? Not by a long shot.

Not really fair to stereotype people like that. Makes you out to be narrow-minded, much as you are trying to pin on these people.

Although, anti-marijuana activists are annoying and incredibly ignorant, so yes I agree with the OP on that.[/quote]

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with their lifestyle, I think its smarter to not use drugs or anything. Every straightedge person that I've met or seen facebook status's from are about how much of a lowlife people who smoke pot are. I didn't mean to make it sound narrow minded, sorry . I was just asking if I was the only one dealing with these type of people who are straight edge but won't even let you get your point across. I have friends who are straight edge and they know I get pissed when they tell me how to live my life.

14. [quote name='"countryboy13"']Ya tell them to read a history book our 4-fathers were a bunch of heads. Washington said we should give out seeds to plants in every empty field so that it can be used. If you can make it from trees you can make it out of hemp too. Rope, sails, pants, shirts, paper, and that's just a few. A pot plant grows at a much faster rate then any tree, just think off all the forest that get leveled every day cutting down 150 or 200 foot trees and they replant a 6 foot tree. Ya great 100 years you can do it again. But the same field with pot plants can be cut 3 maybe 4 times a year! Look up "DuPont" back in the day he was big in keeping pot illegal cuz he had one of the largest logging company.

FUCK THE MAN[/quote]

Haha soo true though. But funny you say that because my dad works at DuPont, idk if its from the same guy but its a worldwide company

15. Are all vegetarians and vegans assholes who wanna shove it up your ass that you eat meat? No. Is there a bunch of em? Sure. Should I judge someone who is a vegetarian, based on the fact that there are assholes who are also vegetarians?

See what I am saying? It's life in general. Shouldn't be so quick to judge and categorize people.

Butttt........The people you're describing are just like other anti-whatever advocates. Usually very stubborn, arrogant, and all-knowing. They tend to wanna push their beliefs on everyone else because of a feeling of superiority. Or because they feel it's their duty to help everyone be as enlightened as they are.

But then you have others in that group who do it for their own personal, selfless reasons. And they probably get pretty sick of being grouped with all the others, just because of a common interest.

16. I used to be a straight-edger, for spiritual reasons. I always remembered this when I was straight-edge and I remember it always now that I'm not. My faith has strengthened and my smoking has legitimately brought me to a spiritual level where I become more in tune with my religion.

A little understanding can go a long way in dealing with these people.

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand."

Then again, they could just be stonehearted little no-fun pricks.

17. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Are all vegetarians and vegans assholes who wanna shove it up your ass that you eat meat? No. Is there a bunch of em? Sure. Should I judge someone who is a vegetarian, based on the fact that there are assholes who are also vegetarians?

See what I am saying? It's life in general. Shouldn't be so quick to judge and categorize people.

Butttt........The people you're describing are just like other anti-whatever advocates. Usually very stubborn, arrogant, and all-knowing. They tend to wanna push their beliefs on everyone else because of a feeling of superiority. Or because they feel it's their duty to help everyone be as enlightened as they are.

But then you have others in that group who do it for their own personal, selfless reasons. And they probably get pretty sick of being grouped with all the others, just because of a common interest.[/quote]

Alright man I understand. I won't group them with others . I just want to meet a straghtedge that admits weed isn't that bad for you. And actually have a good personal reason why they don't do it, like religion, family values, a job, or just have an addictive personality, etc.

18. [quote name='"LostAndSpaced"']I used to be a straight-edger, for spiritual reasons. I always remembered this when I was straight-edge and I remember it always now that I'm not. My faith has strengthened and my smoking has legitimately brought me to a spiritual level where I become more in tune with my religion.

A little understanding can go a long way in dealing with these people.

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand."

Then again, they could just be stonehearted little no-fun pricks.[/quote]

This is true , I don't go out of my way to judge them. Just when they open their mouth to me about it

19. [quote name='"Jamesy C"']i have an important job, deal with alcoholics and drug addicts, and people who smoke copous amounts of weed, and i toke too. its not true.[/quote]

Off topic but..do you feel like a hypocrite? I'm not calling you one, i'm genuinely asking.

20. I just ignore them some people are just to hardheaded to get threw just gotta deal with it.in my town when got what I like to call suburban Hicks now these people crack me up.