Does anyone else get different highs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by kts44, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Am i the only one that gets different highs from different ways of smoking? Like j's and blunts get me a different high than water bongs or vapes. they are all slightly different than each other for me so i was wondering if thats true with other people too or if im just wierd :smoking:

2. i expirience this too, i get a much cleaner high using a bong or bubbler, and a much groggier(?) one when the smoke doesnt go through water.

3. I get different highs between smoking and vaping, but I believe that's only because different chemicals are released when smoking compared to vaping.

4. bongs give me huge couch lock haha.

vaping gives me a giggly more active high.

joints are in the middle.

5. #5 dlmebag, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    The high is determined by the Cannabinoids in the weed.

What you may be experiencing is the difference between water filtered hits and dry hits. Water filtered filters out some naturally occuring chemicals, one of which is responsible for slow driving (according to AUS study.)

So, yes, dry and wet have a difference, but other than that one type of weed will always have the same high so long as it has the same Cannabinoids.

Also, different methods of smoking work better than others. Smoking a joint is the least conservative, therefore one might think it gives a more mellow high, when it really is just less conservative. Bong hits give the most bang for your buck and most smoke, therefore one might think bongs give a more intense or crazy high, when really they are just getting more of the THC from the herb.

6. *sigh*

This is false.

Indica gives couch lock, sativa gives giggly active highs. The way you smoke it cannot change the original chemical/psychotropic makeup of the herb.

7. Sigh...............What you say is false. It is well documented, and I bet I could dig up a hundred posts were people say that vapes give a clearer more head high, less couch-lock high than smoking.

What gives smoking a more couch-lock, heavy body high versus vaping (and this is true regardless if you are using Indica's or Sativa's) is twofold. One is that in vaping, you are not getting the toxins (carbon monoxide, etc etc etc) that contributes to that couch-lock high. Secondly, is that the various chemicals (THC, CBD, CBN's) activate at varying temperatures. Smoking releases them all where as vaping, depending on the temp that you are vaping at, releases a certain set of chemicals, but not necessarily all.

8. its not false....its how i feel after using each smoking accessory. might not be the same for you, but thats how my body works.

9. Doubt it, ever heard of placebo?

I've never felt a different high from different smoking devices.... Oh wait, yes I have, I feel LESS high if I use anything besides a bong, but not a different high.