Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jersh, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Ever since I first smoked I didn't really like dealers. They're usually shady, odd, and honestly cheap people, who have no idea how business works. I'm in college now and the price hiking the dealers do here is ridiculous, so my thoughts have been exacerbated about this. I'm not going to start dealing, but do any of you ever think that if you could deal and just use basic economic principle and decent business ethic you'd destroy these guys? Like barring any sort of physical violence or things like that, which I've never heard of happening with straight weed dealers...

2. Depends on what they're working with out there. If they're just kids with scales trying to rip you off and seem like they're on a whole other level, then fuck 'em. Some people actually do it right and know that they want returning customers so they hook it up cheap or give it to you on the front.

These guys are also the ones with the weight, don't fuck around with kids who just sell the small sacks unless its your friend obviously.

But in the end the difficulty of the job comes down to how many people you know + how good is your self control about smoking all this weed :smoke:

3. LOL According to some things I've read on this website, that description applies to both the sellers and the buyers.

I think it depends on the dealer really...a lot of them are unprofessional and don't seem to know how to manage their time correctly or to keep their habit to a point that they can meet their demand without running out all the time. \

Though, there are those that set a good example too, I wish there were more of them around. I have two guys that are GREAT and one that's "ok", though the great majority of people I've bought from in the past, well, they end up being referred to as people I've bought from in the past, don't they?

I hate delay. I hate laziness. I hate dealing with stoners that can't keep themselves levelheaded enough to not make things annoying and problematic...

Another thing I'll not deal with unless I absolutely had to - I'd rather hold out and wait for someone not pulling this shit. Prices should be as standard.

I've never really thought about it for *myself* but I will say I know guys that are ethical, they are timely, they do understand supply and demand...and well, they might be harder to come across but those that go through them, stay with them.

Though yeah...the "good" ones IMO are 10% or less.
    As a general rule though, if you have the option try and deal with adults.

4. You are just fucking with the wrong dealers. Ive had a few that made me feel that way, but when you find a good dealer it is easy to be comfortable around them and they are friendly.

5. Either my dealers are amazing or you guys have shitty luck.

Although i have known all my dealers for years and 2 or my good friends that i chill with almost daily

6. Yea dealers are mostly pretty chill from my experiences I say the BUYERS are the ones that are shady as hell.

7. #7 9D3, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
    I've had pretty good luck with dealers. The guy I buy off now is my age or maybe a year younger than me, but he knows his shit. He replies to texts quickly, and will be honest with you if he's out of weed. Quality tends to vary, but it's never below "very-high-mid" level :p

I've also dealt with people my age who just don't reply if they don't have any because they don't want to lose the sale or who will keep fucking you around saying "I'll have soon" when it probably won't happen. Those are the last-resort guys :p

And then I've had a couple dealers who had a good 6-8 years on me, who have jobs and just sell weed to have some nice extra cash. Those guys were the best to buy from because the quality of weed was always consistent, they were always quick to reply, and they'd always offer to meet halfway (even the guy who didn't have a car!). Those are the guys I'd always offer to smoke up right after buying from them because they were great to do business with, but none of them sell anymore - they've moved on, wanting a more normal life.

The last category was the best to buy from. One of the guys would always invite me up to his apartment, we'd just chill to some music, smoke a bit, then do the business. We'd chill in his room and he'd always have at least a pound or two in the closet, it was awesome. He wouldn't even let me pitch when we smoked because he was moving enough weight that it didn't matter at all. I miss buying off that guy, but I can't complain about the dealer I've got now.

8. i've honestly never had problems nor complaints;p the people that are hiking up the prices do so because they know they can, otherwise you wouldn't even have that problem

9. #9 ArcticCamel, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
    My new dealer is a family connection and he always has the good. Only problems are it's expensive and he doesn't deliver, but when I knock on his door I know exactly what to expect and only once have I been turned away unsatisfied (miscommunication). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a real job because anytime I call, unless he's out, he tells me to come on over. Always professional, weighs it out in front of me, never pulls any shady crap.

It's so much better to find a reliable connection and pay a little bit extra than to get a cheap deal once and then not hear from the guy for a month before you can get more from him.

10. I have always thought that if I started dealing I'd sell my stuff super cheap so more people would come and would make up for the cheapness. But I think greed is very strong and getting in that situation is hard and getting a lot of people to buy from you is even harder.

11. Never had to deal with real shady guys before because most of my family/friends are tokers so I can usually get hooked without having to deal with people I've never met. I don't really prefer letting anybody else who doesn't smoke know that I smoke anyway and most don't.