Does anyone else feel like the media...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Northern.Lights, Oct 1, 2009.

1. ... just needed something to talk about over the summer?

I feel like in the last month or so the cause has lost so much momentum. It makes me sad because I remember coming on here and finding new stuff posted everyday in the part of the forum, with new videos that were on the news and such. This part of the forum has seen a lot less traffic in the last month. It's really discouraging. I just feel like the media did their thing with it and they've moved on to the next newest thing.

anyone else feel this way or am i alone?

2. #2 jellybeansryummy, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    Check out the post I just made. It's better than nothing :)

3. You are definitely not alone in feeling this way, i actually thought about making a post soon asking wtf happened to all those news debates that were posted here so frequently, all the articles and coverage the MMJ and legalization movement were getting, i don't know what happeneded. It seems like at the peak of all the coverage the MPP made a great legalization commercial and i have hardly heard ANY news coverage since then..

4. Same here, I stopped posting for a month or two as well. I thought I was the only one to notice :(

5. I think you guys need to just look under the surface a little bit. Don't just look at the mainstream media as a barometer to determine if anything's happening or not. There's a TON of good things going on in the movement. The tide is turning for sure. Just look at

THIS

Once Texas starts talking about it.. you KNOW we're making progress. It's simply a matter of time before the other shoe drops.

6. It's Harvest season. Football season. Fall semester started for college. Sept-Dec slowest months for activism.