Does anyone else feel like a brain in a body?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by duperdutch, Nov 30, 2011.

1. All our choices are formed from chemical reactions happining in our brain that we have surprisingly little control over. Thats all we are.

2. I feel this way sometimes. Just a brain controlling an empty body or some shit

3. I've heard it's quite nice sautéed.

4. Dude I do that sometimes when I'm really stoned too. Just eat something and you'll come down in a little bit. :smoke:

5. When i was on shrooms and even now i can still feel that exact feeling a little bit.

6. Today I got really high and I felt like I was a little alien inside my head controlling my body. It was the craziest thing... I felt like I could just leave out of my body at any moment back to whatever dimension or universe I came from and if I didn't keep this strange mindset I felt like my reality was going to collapse. Sometimes when I am really high I feel like I can see the future and then I get all freaked because it's too much information for my brain to handle all at once and I can't properly comprehend it. It's insane, I'm pretty sure that I can either see the future or I am controlling the future with my mind... it's like the saying "Is life best lived blind or enlightened?" and I feel like ignorance surely is bliss because knowing too much makes reality seem like a cage... like you KNOW there is more going on than you can see in the universe, you can feel it... and you really want to know what it is, but you feel like you will never truly know and that thought is so frustrating because it's so obvious that there are other forces at work here....

7. Oh and this is kind of relevant but sometimes I come into contact with certain people and then all of a sudden I can see myself in their shoes, except in the future... like they are me in the future and by me realizing this it almost gives me an insight as to how people live their lives and what troubles them because I feel like I am them and we share the same thoughts and emotions... but normally I would see this person and just think it's another person... but when I'm high it feels like I can see when dimensions are being crossed... it's so hard to explain!

8. You're experiencing something called TELEMPATHY. Being telempathic is a cross between the idea of telepathy and empathy. Where as most people think telepathy is knowing someone else's thoughts, telempathy comes about when your vibrational frequency resonates with someone elses in a way that what you think and feel, is what they think and feel. Not because your reading them or they you, but you resonate at the same frequency, so there's no difference. That's why you would perceive what they think and feel, because it's what you are. There is no fundamental difference between you in those moments.

9. #29 Rayban, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
    perspective.....
    i suppose one could say that "you" are not your body... it could be said that it is a vessel, like a car... it could also be said it is not

10. everyone feels like a brain in a body cause thats what we are

11. I understand what you mean, but when I'm doing unmentionables I feel like a universal spirit/soul/entity trapped in a physical body.. not so much a "brain" I guess

12. Yes we're all a brain in a body, but we're also given this illusion which makes us feel as if there is a self which transcends any sort of physical processes. At least that's the best way I can describe it. We feel as if there is a conscious "I" which is doing all the work.

Where as in reality we're just a brain in a body and the conscious mind and all of it's perspectives are emerging from the processes that occur in the brain.

13. It's the matrix, goodsmoke. I'm feelin a little Deja Vu.

14. careful...alittle too much of that Deja Vu and they will be cutting part of your brain out too:eek:;):smoke:

15. I'm not a body with a soul, I'm a soul with a body.

16. I think the thing about the matrix is that it mistakes a completeness of logic's descriptive capacity with it's univeral applicability. But the world isn't made of generalities, sets, equivallancies, or equilibriums. It's actually all fucked up. Scientists could never simulate it with things engineered based on mathematics because the most fundamental and foundational parts of the maths are incompatible with what the engineered systems would encounter in the world.

Your brain would make the computer explode or something.