Does anyone care about the Walking Dead anymore?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by mushroomsatsuji, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Im just wondering if it was their plan to release the two seasons an entire year apart. tbh they should of cut production half-way through and said fuck it. I was really anxious for the second season and I fucking loved the first one. Now zombies dont seem too exciting anymore

2. they should update the formula to involve zombies who transform in to vampires.

i wasn't a huge fan of the show or anything, but ill still watch it. its not something ill have to watch every episode when it airs though.

3. i actually hate zombies, only media that i can stand with zombies is shaun of thedead, zombieland, l4d, n walking dead. i started watching falling skies which is basically the walking dead w/ aliens, so it got me excited for season 2

4. Planned on watching it but I never did.

5. You missed out cause it was awesome. One of the most awesome shows on TV.

6. I watched the 1st season of this show and it was mediocre at best. The show's title is very misleading. It's about the survivors and not the "walkers".
    I have never even heard of the comic book before the show at all.
    I had high hopes for the 2nd season but after 2 episodes, I just couldn't take it anymore. The show is so boring and people don't get killed enough by the "walkers". Too much talking and whining and crap like that. It's just not worth my time.:mad:

7. I watched the 1st season and have been watching all the new episodes on the 2nd season, I still think its pretty damn good.

8. first season was decent...I anticipated this season but it doesn't seem to have the same feel as the first season. I don't really watch tv..I'm kinda surprised to hear how much people are raving about this series..I always just thought it was kinda average. Seems like people are just eating up their only american zombie fix. I liked the UK series better that didn't even have zombies in it..just ppl dead from a plague or something.

I watched the first season on netflix...and I watched the first episode of this season on tv. It was the first time I actually watched tv in about a year, had to go to a friends house ;) I think I'll just wait for the rest of this season to pop up online somewhere to watch the rest of it. I have more important shit to do currently then follow a tv series.

9. yeah the first season was aight, but the second one blows imo. and i was even looking forward to it.

10. Agreed. There's only so much you can do with survivor shows and it seems they all consist of the same thing.. scrounge for resources; get attacked; move; repeat.

I've been watching Falling Skies lately and I think it's pretty similar to Walking Dead, but it's a lot better also imo. Zombies are so 1 dimensional and bland... at least aliens are interesting and unique to each show.

11. Walking What ?

12. lol vampires????? there is too much vampire shit out anyway

they should transform into fucking Decepticons

13. I feel like season one was all about zombies and survival... that makes sense since it was originally planned to be one season.
    I find season 2 to be way to character oriented, which also makes sense because theyre investing in the long haul.
    Its kind of ironic that planning for the future through character development is ruining their show.

14. Read the comics, they're FAR better than the TV show and a lot more dark believe it or not.

Plus they're almost up to #100 I think, so they're WAY ahead of the show.

15. I'm pretty sure the writers changed between the seasons so whoever the second guy was shouldn't do zombie stories, because S2 was just a drama that happened to have some zombies in it. So now instead of an interesting cool show there are now a baby daddy crisis, bf/gf bullshit and super emotional drivel from everyone. I watched because the first season got me hooked. If they kill Daryl (Norman Reedus) off I will have no further interest in the show.

16. the comics are good. i heard the first season is good but after that it sucks.

17. I don't mind them cutting it in half. I've been anxiously waiting for February to come, and if they kept going, the second season would most likely be close to being over, if not over already.

18. It wasn't just the writers - the show-runner and the guy who brought it to TV Frank Darabont (who also directed Shawshank Redemption amongst other things) was FIRED by AMC right after ComicCon.

After I read about what they did with the Sophia storyline, I'm not that interested anymore. I'll catch up on the comics eventually (I read the first 90 or so issues in a weekend but haven't read any since then), but I'm skipping the show.

19. I like it.. has a lotta potential, a little slow tho