Does anybody know what to look for, is it different?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kleichner, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I am in week 5 of the flowering stage with a couple "Sour Tsunami" girls. Sour Tsunami is supposed to be real high in CBD and has a lower than normal THC. I'm growing them for the club because they are supposed to be great for pain, etc. My question is, is there any difference in the trichomes, and what if any, is the difference in how they look?? Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?? Any help is very very appreciated !!

2. Whatever the strain's natural balance of THC and CBD may be, the longer you go in flowering the more THC will have broken down to other cannabinoids like CBD. The trichs won't necessarily look different, but for your goals I suggest you harvest at around 50% amber trichs.

3. I'm not sure where, but I've heard that if the trichs turn amber that's CBD, and THC will just get cloudy, others have said that amber is just what happens after cloudy, do you know which is true? I've only had 2 harvests, and 2 of my plants in the last harvest never got amber trichs even after 9 weeks if flowering... & it sure smells lovely and works wonderfully, so I don't think anything was wrong? I like any and all feedback because I learn each & every time...so thank you in advance!:confused:

4. 8 week is just a rule of thumb for flowering. Some strains require considerably more. You just have to wait it out thats all. Your in control of that aspect not the plant. They will 100 % turn as time goes on. Just be patient.

5. No difference in the plants appearance there is a difference in which cannibinoids are prevalent in the plant....CBD I hear is really good for medicinal use. But what does that mean does it kill pain?