Does anybody know what the F*CK this is?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by beerbrewer, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Its slowly killing my mother plants.

I had a bad infestation in the room or either fruit flies or fungus gnats. Now there is a aticky substance on the leaves, the rim of the pots, even the ground underneath of the plants!! And all of these little nodules that can be acraped off with my finger. Any idea?

[​IMG][​IMG]

I eradicated the gnats/flies but that was over a week ago and this is still a problem. Thanks for looking GC!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not a clue Beerbrewer. Never seen anything like that before. I'm sure somebody around here knows what it is though. I definitely want to find out. It's probably something caused by the bug problem you had, but that's a total guess. TWW

3. Whatever it is, its sucking the life right out of the plants. My plan is to get rid of all branches with these little fuckers on and scrape everything off the main stem. These mothers are probably DOA but will wait a little bit to see if anybody knows. They are in the clone room with a couple hundred teens so I might wanna get them out ASAP and bomb the room.

4. isolate immediately until you know what it is/how to treat it.

5. Yeah, moving them now...

6. #6 mandoluce, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
    they aren't bugs right, the little bumps? it is a sap substance or something? If sap leads me to believe your "bad infestation" caused this damage most likely.. they were maybe white flies? Did you get rid of them already?

7. Not bugs but maybe cocoons? Anyway, yeah, I got rid of them. Nothing is flying in that roo..

8. Your plant got herpes.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. That looks very much like plant scale insects.

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 waktoo, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

Yup. Looks like a scale/mealybug infestation to me, too.

How did you get rid of them, 'brewer? I've never seen an instance of scale infestation since I've been a member here. Or anywhere else, for that matter...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cannabis+scal...

• Like Like x 1
  11. I murdered them. Literally.

12. So you culled the infected plants?

13. Most scale insects are controlled by several all purpose insecticides. Look on the label of your insecticide to see if it controls scale and follow application instructions.

How to Control Scale Insects | Planet Natural

PW

14. Look up phylloxera (in grapes) on the internet. An article a few years back associated winged root aphids with the family. Galls on the stems and waxy build up noted as associated problems of phylloxera in the grow room.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maybe larva(eggs) in your roots, causing all that madness...... make sure you got good airflow, and dont over water its helps prevent insects

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I use general-hydro Azamax you can spray it or water it in, it works. Scale, nasty bastards