Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anybody else not get that high from joints?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RWK Nova, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I get extremely baked from joints.

Actually they don't. They are a bit more wasteful than some methods because it's burning all the time, but you get just as much THC per hit as from a pipe.

No, he just stated his experience. Your mileage may vary.

2. for the people saying if im rolling a one gram joint and not getting high, im doing it wrong. your wrong. ive been smoking about 5 or 6 years, and im pretty sure that there is no other tweak i could do to my joints to make it any better. and yes...i know how to smoke a joint. and i never said i wasnt getting high, i said not as high as my bong.

and the person that said passing a joint around in a circle sucks...you are so right my friend. i hate it so much. 1 or 2 people is okay...but above that and your just wasting weed

3. Hell it was New Years Eve, 1984 (turning into 1985) when eight of my friends and I smoked a joint containing close to a half ounce of my best. It was huge, it got us all baked, very baked, and it didn't really waste much. Damn thing lasted 40 minutes. We lit it up at 20 minutes before midnight and were still smoking it well into 1985 :D

4. I'm not a very big fan of joints. Except large ones :D

Prefer this :bongin:

5. was it very long? or very thick?

probably both haha that's the biggest joint I've ever heard of. How did it burn?

6. It's actually a pretty funny story. We were doing various drugs and drinking, and I decided that we should roll a gigantic, epic New Year's Joint. We stuck a bunch of papers together. I'm guessing it was about 8 or 9 inches long and very thick.

We had it sitting in the middle of the table. The girls present were drinking screwdrivers (vodka and orange juice) and one of them spillied her OJ all over the place, including the joint. This was around maybe 11-11:15ish. We were all pissed at first, but we used our lighters to heat it gently from below and dried it out.

I think the OJ made it magical. It added a nice orange flavor. It burned alright. It started to canoe once or twice but was easily fixed. One thing I know how to do is roll a good joint.

It pretty much looked like the rest of my joints, like this one in this thread only much much larger:

[​IMG]

7. Guys, there was a whole thread that explained the science to this. I tried asking general a week ago to help me find it, but they failed to provide it for me.

Basically, the conclusion of the thread was, that if you smoke multiple tiny pinners, they could, theoretically, get you as high, if not higher than a bong would. Why? Because you're inhaling more smoke and burnt plant material in a faster amount of time, thus, if you have very tightly packed pinners, and a few of them as well, you could get higher with the same amount of material than you would with a bong.

SOMEONE FIND THE THREAD. It was very lulz worthy, cause it had so many useless and petty arguments over something so trivial.

8. its pretty common knowledge on why a joint wont get you the same amount of thc of a spoon/bong/vap. :confused::confused::confused:

9. After all this debating the only real conclusion that I can come to is that, in the face of all scientific evidence stating which method would really be better, someone's perferred way to smoke is going to be what gets them higher. It's all mental, anyway.

It's not even a relevant debate, the smoke is about enjoyment. You should only care about enjoying it in the way you love the best.

10. haha! dude i'll smoke a J with you and 4 friends, and trust me you'll get plenty high.

11. We really do need to get together soon and burn one. I might be heading out your way in a month or three.

12. #72 Norma Stits, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    man lemme know. Maybe i can drag you to a Furthur show or something :)

you can't bring 4 friends though.. my joints ain't that good :p

edit: i have a bong, just in case we don't get high off the joints :bongin:

13. I've been doing some consulting for a NYC based bank. I'll let you know; I might have to make a trip out that way. It would just be me and maybe the wife :p

14. This guy who can't get high from a joint has one of three problems: He is a beginner and hasn't learned how to properly hit a joint, is smoking cheap herb, or can't roll a decent j. Anyone who knows what they are doing will get high from a joint.

15. People get higher from different methods of smoking depending on their preferred method. It's all a mental thing. I more than know how to hit a finely rolled joint of great herb, but I still get higher from popping .3 into my spoon and enjoying it to myself.

16. idk if you do or do not get any higher off different methods of smoking but i sure dont notice it. i ike pipes or bongs or vapes wen im alone but i just feel its more like a proper session when your passing the joint or blunt around and just feels so chill to me. In fact i think i like jays more and i definitely get baked off of them if u dont sucks to be u.

17. Why would it suck for me if I don't like joints and don't get as high off them? I smoke almost exclusively out of my glass pipe and get proper ripped.

18. Here's the baked low down

1. vaporizor
    2. bong
    3. bowl
    4. joints/blunts etc.

It doesnt take rocket science to figure this out. ever heard the phrase up in smoke? well thats what happens when you smoke a joint! Proof is in my eyes friends. Peace.

19. Smoking a joint is not wasteful. They just burn fast. Thats why I like blunts. I will get higher from a blunt than a joint with the same amount of weed in it. It burns the weed real slow like. Everyones different. But joints definatley get me high.

I rolled a joint with .5 of weed, and maybe .2 of tobacco idk. But we got pretty high.

20. I snap bowls. (out of bongs)

Can't remember the last time i smoked a J or even a handheld bowl.