Does anybody else feel like the world is at end with all these crazy events happening

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by amateurblazer, May 9, 2011.

1. A pint of mayo around here cost fuckin $5! Same with just a pack of hot dogs..

Shit is gonna hit the fans once your average joe can no longer afford dinner for himself nor family. I mean just look at France and all those countries when hell broke loose and all went on riots. It sure aint gonna be pretty..

Just the weirdest part, does anyone else find it strange that all these things almost detail to detail were prophesied thousands of years ago?? Of course it could all be coincidence but still.. does this make a light bulb flicker to anyone else?

2. I'm intrigued, by whom and what was the detail? As above, there are no new or mysterious natural disasters, nor an increase in their frequency.

MelT

3. Wouldnt it be beutiful if we did witness the world end.

4. dec 21 2012 11:11 am universal time will be the start of the true end....but untill then we will still be seeing global catastrophes.

5. Despite the best efforts of Governments and Religions everywhere...

The world is still a better place today, than in the dark ages.

The people are getting smarter, despite the efforts to make 'dumb', into 'normal'.

We stand in the light of our learnings, and share them with each other faster than ever.

The forces of repression now stand naked before you, and are identifiable as the liars they have always been.

Don't believe the hype. And don't be afraid of Virginia Wolf. Fear and Loathing are not just a book title, they are the mental straps used to hold back the human potential in all of us.

6. I agree with you here. Many scientists have predicted the future is going to be rough. They predict more and larger natural disasters. Everything from tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, solar storms, and volcanic activity.

I'm not sure how accurate their predictions will be, but it's little frightening when you have some of the world's brightest minds all agreeing that things are going to get a little insane in the next few years. As much as it's frightening though, like you said, it's quite fascinating. We are living in crazy times.

7. #27 RJToker, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Nostradamus, greek oracles, chinese holy men, (and I say this with a bit of discretion) the mayans. There have been other predictions made by civilizations throughout time, but I cannot remember all of them. What's the validity of these statements? Not sure, but than again, what's the validity of the bible...? No one knows for sure.

But there is actually... The giant quakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity in the last 5-10 years.
    And, all of the tornadoes that's fucking destroyed towns, they were as big as F5 as well, which isn't that common. Being half mile wide and all.
    The temperatures of places have also been acting unusual. Up here in MN, we have been seeing the craziest and most unusual temperatures and weather.this last year to the present.
    Also, all the record setting floods, drowning whole entire communities down south and only rising....!

There are definitely more unusual occurrances happening everyday now, compared to any part of recent history.
    All coincidental? I think not. There is a reason why earth is "freaking out".

8. Theres been this book thats been floating around, called the bible or something like that.. maybe you've heard of it?

9. last time i read revelations, i remember just seeing them name off all the natural disasters they could, and correlate it to their rapture. nothing in detail, really. have you read it?

10. Revelations is one of the best books in the bible. It's seriously nuts, and seems very "un-christian" to be in the bible. Than again, the whole bible is kinda nuts. Haha

It does list natural disastors which have all been happening around the world... But these have been happening for ages already; not at the frequnecy, qunatity, and oddity of what is has been doing though. The thing is, when is the right time to acknowledge these occurances as "signs" of something to come?

11. There is much more to the 'end times' than just natural disasters. Society going downhill, the threat of a controlling totalitarian government, a materialistic price tag being put on everything (carbon tax anyone?) the turning of government against religion.. I mean the rise of natural disasters is only a fraction of the whole thing..

12. It's not the "end times" though. It is a "change of times". And yes, it's not strictly the earth changing, but many things changing through out the world from governments collapsing and forming, to less privacy as individuals, and to how we obtain food. Shit could hit the fan hard in a split sec.

13. :) LOL! Yes, that would be the one with the extensive list in it of predictions that didn't take place. The Bible is not inerrant. Could you give me a quote from the Bible that says that 2012 is the end of the world?

With no increase in volcanoes or earthquakes, what does the Bible say concerning portents for the end of the world?

MelT

14. Better yet, could you quote me saying where I said the bible claims 2012 is the end of the world?

If you've ever looked into the bible you would thoroughly know that true believers will not and cannot ever know the exact date of armageddon. Any and all claims alike are said to be false prophecies.

15. #36 MelT, May 11, 2011

By quoting the above together you're trying to give the impression that all these people predicted that the end of the world around now, particularly 2012. Not one of them did and nor are there any other civilisations that make the same claim giving even a rough date close to it.

1) Nostradamus didn't make any end of world/ascension predictions. The actual quote that people are now using to 'prove' that he did begins with the words '
    “In the year of the new century and nine months, From the sky will come a great King of Terror…" The year of the new century was 10 years ago...

2) Greek oracle predictions? No, just one, the 'Sybiline prediction', another supposed link to 2012 according to the woo-woos. As you'll see there's no indication at all of when it is or was. No mention of anything like 2012 or what's meant to happen.

"The Sybilline Prophecy
    The things in the tenth generation shall come to pass. The Earth shall be shaken by a great earthquake that throws many cities into the sea. There shall be war. Fire shall come flashing down from the heavens and many cities burn. Black ashes shall fill the great sky. Then know the Anger of the Gods..."

No date, no predictions that match 2012.

3) The Mayans: Could you give me the actual prediction that they made? Not an interpretation, but the text concerned? Once you have it, can you tell me where it says in it that either the world will end or that it's a time of ascension? Maybe you can also tell me why the Mayans themselves (still alive and well) don't believe it either and have made a number of statements to that effect?

4) The Bible is vastly errant in its predictions. Of the tens that are listed in the Bible, most have not taken place. None at all refer to 2012 as the end of the world or a time of change. You could say that the bible predicts bad weather and turmoil when armageddon comes, but we've had bad weather and turmoil since civilisation began. Does every bad earthquake or volocano signal the end? If so, then the world should have ended years ago with the devastating earthquakes in Chile, or the Tsunamis that hit Japan two thousand years ago, or the explosion of Santorini, the biggest volcanic explosion and tsunamis that have ever taken place on earth.

5) The I-Ching and 'Chinese Holy men'. No predictions for the end of the world are contained in it and none were made by the Chinese at all. What there is though is Terrence McKenna's book where he reinterprets the I-Ching in his own way using very bad numerology to try and link 2012 and the I-Ching together. The Chinese holy men did not say it, McKenna did, and we already can prove using science that what he said was untrue, his math was wrong. Let's look at his prediction, it's almost unintelligible. TBH, McKenna predicting anythng is laughable, he can't even get the Buddhism he wrote about right.

"...
    “Achievement of the zero state can be imagined to arrive in one of two forms. One is the dissolution of the cosmos in an actual cessation and unravelling of the natural laws, a literal apocalypse. The other possibility… the culmination of a human process, a process of toolmaking, which comes to completion in the perfect artefact: the monadic self, exteriorised, condensed, and visible in three dimensions; in alchemical terms, the dream of a union of spirit and matter.."

Pretty silly, huh?

No, there aren't. Please read my earlier post and the links in it. There is no increase at all in either volcanic activity or earthquakes. Worse weather due to global warming, yes, but that's all. There are no 'unusual occurrences' apart from this.

So, the idea that a lot of people have predicted anything to happen in 2012 is not true. If we take away all the supposed links to 2012 you've mentioned, what is there left? A couple of books, written by modern people with an agenda.

Not long now though. I'm still happy to take a $10,000 bet (properly verified by a lawyer) that nothing will happen on that day as predicted. There are a lot of people here who have been saying that 2012 is definitely goig to tak eplace, isn't there any one of you who is prepared to put up a similar bet? Nobody with the courage of their convictions?

MelT

16. In my opinion the only prophecies are that of the self fulfilling variety.

17. #38 grandmastersmit, May 11, 2011
    There is no date involved. It's whats said to be like 6 or 7 trumpets as they call it, or signs that go off that indicate the nearing of the end of times.

Nations rising against nations, pestilence, more natural disasters and so on..

Also 2012's only been mentioned a few times in this thread anyways. If anything I'm pretty sure the Mayans believed 2012 to only be a mark in history where consciousness expands, something todo with earths natural pulses it gives out. I think it's the frequency which is suppose to dramatically increase which causes a shift in consciousness.

18. Hey MelT, please stop skipping over parts of my posts, because all of what I am saying is important.
    with that being said, the so called "predcitions" of the worlds "change of tiimes" are rough ideas, no exact dates or anything.
    And the idea of al gores "global warming" claims are and have been proven false. Yet, the earth is still going through a natural change which I'd only a part of earths natural cycle and we are here for it.
    Again there is an increased number of unusual natural occurrances happening around the world. Mass amount of devastating tornaoes, record setting floods, unusual forming storms, massive quakes and tsunamis, soon to come is volcanoes.

19. Please could you point me towards the parts of your post that I've ignored, I'm happy to respond.

But that's not true, is it? All of the posts regarding it say it will take place in 2012, there's a whole bunch of them in S+P saying just that. If you don't agree with that and have your own theory, then really you're not a 2012-er, and you don't agree with the mainstream definition of what it is and what it means. It's no good posting that people have predicted that the world will end 'some time' and claiming that it's leading to 2012 if you don't believe that yourself.

Thankfully Al Gore isn't science, but that aside: global warmng to me is another earth cycle, but one that's definitely helped along by global warming:

"...environmental scientist David Keith, "There is no disagreement among really anybody who is scientific in any way that the world is a lot warmer than it was 100 years ago," Keith says. "If there are interesting disagreements, the disagreements are about whether this is the warmest it's been since the ice ages 10,000 years ago..."

It doesn't matter in the long run whether it's natural or man-made, it's still just weather and not pointing towards a cataclysm.

No, there aren't. Lots of weather-based events, yes. As I said, all you have to do is go back and read my links; no increase at all in volcanoes or earthquakes. A change in the weather, of course, but you're calling them 'unusual natural occurrences'.

You gave five people/groups who you said had all predicted the end of the world (this thread is about 2012, and not anyone's personal interpretation), and none of them did. Doesn't that give you any pause for thought? No new facts in your response, you're just repeating the same things you said originally regarding the weather and volcanoes which I provided links to to show you were wrong.

Weather = bad and getting worse.
    Volcanoes and Tsunamis = the same.
    2012 predictions of massive change from ancient times (I=Ching, Oracles, Chinese, Nostrodamus, Mayans) = none.

Now that I've answered your post, could you answer the questions in mine? Please post the actual Mayan prediction you say shows that special 'change' is on its way and what it says about what will happen. This text is the crux of the matter, if it's shown to be wrong then there is no 2012 event.

MelT