Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does altitude effect your high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rschalk117, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Okay so i dont believe this one bit, because its the THC that gets you high, not the altitude...
    but i was talking to some kid in my class today and he was like
    "yeah dude, the weed in Colorado may be $20/g, but since the altitude is way higher, you get sooooo much higher."
    and i was like
    "nah man, thats wrong."
    but he wouldn't believe it.
    BTW, im in cali so weed is only 10/g
    so, is this true, or not?

2. lolno.

I live about a mile above sea level and it's no different than blazing it on the coast.

The only thing I can think of is that there is less oxygen at higher elevation so if someone is used to sea level and goes up a lot in elevation they may experience lightheadedness since their brain is not getting enough oxygen from the air.

They body compensates after awhile tho so it's not like people that live higher are dumb, they've just adapted.

3. You win. You'll get way fried off 2gs then 1g at same price. Although I haven't smoked up in the mountains but it doesn't seem like you'd get any higher than you would at the beach.

4. All I thought of reading the title was my life long goal of hitting a bong on the summit of everest :smoke:

5. alright thanks guys i thought so haha
    people will believe anything there told these days... damn

6. The only way it gets you "higher" is if you lived in a place below sea level your whole life, then went into the mountains of colorado, where the air is thinner, and smoked. And even then, you're not higher, just slightly oxygen deprived.

7. I believe it could be a factor, but it wont be like a buzz at sea level will get you blasted at 3,000 ft.

Marathon runners practice in areas way above sea level because there is less oxygen, so running at sea level would be very easy

8. i dont think it affects smoking.. but i know it takes less to get drunk at higher altitudes..

9. Both of you are correct. The thinner the air the harder it is to breathe so if you smoke your body will be use to the air where you live. Also it is not a huge difference what so ever. Not noticeable pretty much at all unless you have a certain heart condition where you can't be above a certain altitude where you will become very ill and you won't be able to do anything.

10. I'm a mile up

No it doesn't

11. ehh kinda true, you can get "high" just from switching from a low altitude to a high altitude, so if you blazed at the same time it'd be one hell of an experience. My source, my chemistry teacher. He was talking about this minus the weed part but he always talks about marijuana and he said this about the altitude "its kinda like being high or something"

12. yeah you get so high, literally

13. You wouldnt know if it did unless you smoke at different altitudes frequently

14. [​IMG]

my uncle has a bushplane

15. You : Alright I need you to dive towards the ground, I'll take a hit, then we fly 1 mile up and I exhale.
    Uncle : lol k.

16. I literally just busted our laughing so loud. Yup, my mom just woke up because of it :smoke:

17. I just got back to massachusetts from colorado and i feel like i'm getting a lot higher down here at sea level.

18. More oxygen down there.

You can get high off of oxygen.

So it's kinda of like a modifier to the high, making the high better/more.

19. Ya was talking to my best friend who climbed mt kilaminjaro was smoking every night on the way up with all the Sherpas in thair tent he said he's never been so high and ur hart is racing million miles a minit I guess dew to the lack of oxygen in the air.

20. I don't know what weed he's talking about but it's 10$ a g here. Not 20..