does adding grain sugar make a better plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skunkman07, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Does adding grain sugar (not powdered surgar but the basic white cooking sugar, like in surgar cookies and the one u might add to ceral)? This year is my first real grow before i started smokin i got seeds from my friends that did and i started them and my parents got close to them so i got rid of em. But last year in the summer i started some plants in basic topsoil in my vegitable garden and i put mirical grow on all of em and sugar on some , i eventially fried the some with mirical grow and the ones with sugar that didn't die had some big ass stalks (thick) they only live for about 3 weeks, but i just dropped the soil on the ground and bugs came quikly and ate the plants and soil, and 10 inches tall but with they were all commercial seeds and yea i know but i knew i wasn't gonna get them big last summer so i eventually pulled em cause the parents were too close for comfort. Anyway iv'e only been smokin the bud since feb. 06 and i have really smoke alot of all kinds of bud since and i have collect some great seeds (acually went through all the middle men and found the main man) and i got some great seeds from the mother plants and anyway i'm growin some like bubblious and like some other kinds of dro, dank. But the are clearly skunk, exotics (the flavored ones), maybe a kush , indica, sativa, maybe one rudicallais, and some mixed strains of ic/sat. Well anyway i started some and the rest in march so ALL OUTDOORS except i have one of the bubblious in my room and i have been putting sugar in hot water in a gallon jug and puttin like 3 or 4 cups of sugar in em and their in potting soil in pots outside in the country and the results are they have thick stalks and i research online for 3 hours everyday about marijuana and growing and they smell realy realy good and the leaves are a deep jungle green with stalks and branches ranging from green to red, purple,pink, and blue hints. So i read that when a plant in flowering (budding stage) it takes sugars stored in the leaves and stems and all energy water to the buds. so i thought i will just add sugar to my water so the roots suck up water that is filled with sugar, (kinda like fattening up my plant, aka storing sugars). is this a good idea does it make the plant grow better or is that just my strains? and does the sugar make a skunkyer smelling pot ( not dissin on the smell, i love the smell)? and how about the flavor? i think adding sugar will make my good strains produce even more potent sticky ikcy bud. i will post pics of my op. soon let me know what you think.

2. heck no. well I dunno, maybe. the extra carbs couldn't hurt.

but for pot, you're gonna wanna use a dark sugar like molasses. blackstrap or full-flavored works best.

3. Useing sugar as extra carbs for your plant (because you wanted to be cheap n not spend any money) will haunt you in pest's and you will spend your money on chemicals getting rid of pests. I wouldnt do it.....but its your plants n your place so whatever.

4. not only pests, but molds.

diseases and mold, and pests all love sugar. They love it.

cannabis however,

cannabis is more a fan of Nitrogen (N) Phosphorus (P) potassium (K) CO2 water and of course sunlight. as well as small amounts of other elements found in regualar soil.

Thats what they want to eat in order to grow. with sugar they would have to break down the carbs into these elements and then re assemble them as plant material.

much easier to just give em the elements.

5. i'm not bein cheap i have top quality soil and pots and great place good nutes it is just an experiment the pest problem a few more spidermites than i want but that's it and i wash the leaves too wether you belive me or not or scientifically works it superisingly is one is 5 foot tall and like 2 and a half feet around and has the longest hairs i have ever seen 1 inch long and the buds haven't even began to form the roots are doing converting to this or that it is just sucking up surgar and storing it till bud growth.

6. Sugar is mentioned in The Grower's Bible a something that can add weight to buds. I've been using a few Tbs of it, and molasses during my last few weeks of flowering. Can't say that it's made a difference.

7. ALL I got to say is deepgreensea is right......I aint sayin it wont work....just saying it can cause more problems than it worth....plus the plant works harder to get the same thing it gets from regular feedings. After all it is YOUR plants.....good luck with your grow.