Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does a reverse tolerance exist?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skatealex2, Aug 27, 2008.

1. #1 skatealex2, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
    Lately I've been getting pretty fucking high and I've been smoking for a couple of years. MAybe it's because I just used a bong but I think a reverse tolerance might exist.

It could also be cause I normally don't blaze every hour of the day. What do you guys and girls think?:bongin:

maybe it's the lsd use this summer

2. im not sure what you mean exactly, but if youre smoking joints all the time and then you take some bong rips, you'd notice a difference.

3. ive heard if you stop cold turkey for 30 days no matter what your tolerance is now after that thirty days when you smoke you feel like your first time smoking......might not be that much of a difference for an avid everyday smoker but if you stop right away for 30 days your tolerence will be LOW!!!!!!

4. you certainly chose a confusing way to phrase that.

can you explain your "reverse tolerance" idea?

i think you mean reverse tolerance BUILDUP...

5. maybe your smoking dank buds

6. i find when ever i switch from mids to kb or kb to mids or something of that nature the high is way better. like if i smoke kb for 2 weeks then smoke mids the mids is much stronger then it normally would be and vice versa with mids for 2 weeks then kb (had 1 of those experiences today was great)

7. im so high that im tripping but ill try to explain.what i mean by reverse tolerance is that eventually after smoking a long time you start to get higher and your brain maybe doesn't fight off the high as much. \im too high to think clearly lol:bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::hippie::hippie:

*Im smoking organic sour diesels , trainwreck, and hog. defently some dank shit. brings back my lsd trips almost. its crazy. got my first bong today and thats making my highs much crazier and psychedelic

8. #8 chronicman00, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
    It exists but in a very small percent of people. I used to have it but it went away I noticed it before I even knew it existed but its gone now I also have a very weird tolerance too I dont ever have to take T breaks because I never feel like I need to smoke more to get the same kind of high. Even after I smoked almost everyday this summer I never needed to go on a T break. I made a thread about it and no one could really relate.
    Edit: here it is http://forum.grasscity.com/general/257219-i-have-theory.html

A reverse tolerance is the opposite of a tolerance where you can smoke less and get higher so usually people with this can smoke a bowl and be totally MINDFUCKED. lol

9. sounds like you got some kill.
    and idk about you, but bong rips put me on my ass REGARDLESS

10. yeah, it was just his choice of term that threw me off. tolerance isnt a process, so i didnt see how it could be reversed. the buildup of tolerance, however, makes far more sense. and as far as the original question.... do some research, i guess. there's a chance it could be some special condition (maybe?), but i think you'd have to test yourself exstensively to find out. if i were you, i'd be happy with getting higher and just start smoking....

11. i had been smoking pretty legit headies for a solid 3 months out of Roor glass and a gas mask steam roller. i took two weeks and quit cold turkey while i moved into college. i found my first hook up here at school and it was only mids. one joint put in a home made steam roller ripped me and my friend to shreds. i definitely see how taking a break could drop tolerance, but it perplexes me seeing how your tolerance would drop without you quitting for awhile.

12. Have u been smoking the same weed for a long time?

Had this thing the last couple off weeks, there was only bad quality weed around here but there was very very good hash. Now the first hash joint got me extremely baked. But after smoking this stuff for 2 weeks straight i didn't get very stoned at all. So this weekend i smoked weed again and i was absolutely wasted, today i smoked hash again and i got noticably more stoned than when i smoked the same hash last friday. This has happened to me with different strains off weed aswell.

So i do believe u can get used to a strain, like if u smoke only haze for 2 weeks straight it won't get u as high anymore by the end off the two weeks. If u were to switch to some heavy indica again u will get very hammered once again.
    I think it's because different strains have diferent cannabinoid profiles so each strain is unique. So if u get used to some strain and u get a new strain u will get higher once more (assuming the strains isn't much crappier than the one u've just been smoking).

Just my theory.

13. I think smoking some indicas has something to do with it. Most of the summer I've been chilling with more sativa based strains.

Indicas are like a healthy opiate to me, I think for future I'm gonna try to avoid sativas and stick with the indicas!!! nothing like being stoned and lazied out off a bong

14. YES. REVERSE TOLERANCE DOES EXIST

i learned about this at my "substance abuse" class at UCSB (yes, i got credit for talking about blazing all day).

it's because a lot of getting high is psychological as opposed to chemical, which is the reason first-time smokers don't always get high. as you realize how getting high feels, you can do it better and more efficiently--reverse tolerance.

that said, to get "fucked up," you'd need a lot more weed if your chemical tolerance is high

15. probably cause bong hits are massive. Once with my friend he got a new bong about 2 feet tall and we wanted to smoke out of it, but we had like 3/4 of a bowl. i only got 2 hits but they were huge and i was blazed for almost two hours.

16. #16 _Tac_, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
    Yeah, that's what I've come to realized over the past month, and my highs have been great. You seriously just need to get the correct mindset before you smoke, and you'll definitely be enjoying it more.

I don't really believe there is a physical tolerance build up, you just become more and more familiar with your highs and that's what makes it feel like a physical build up of tolerance. I know there's going to be some physical tolerance, I just think it's exaggerated most of the time.

17. I'm pretty sure the truth is somewhere in between. There is definitely a chemical tolerance buildup, which leads to shorter highs and shorter peak highs. The feeling of "less intense" highs, though, I think can be solidly attributed to your mind simply getting used to that specific high, which is why switching grades or strains will often make your high feel more intense.

18. dog bongs just rip you up.

i smoked a blunt of mids to my dome and i dont really feel stoned

but last night i smoked two bowls of mids in my roor between five people and i was really high.

19. I think it may exist, because my friend who usually smokes dank moved away and could only get ahold of regs but has been getting just as high when he used to smoke dank. I've also heard that the "reverse tolerance" applies to salvia.

20. I think it exists.....heres my idea....think about it...

Overtime as you smoke more and more 2 things happen.

1. the more you smoke overtime the less intense your highs will become (this is why a t-break get u messed up)

2. The more you smoke overtime the less you will need to smoke each sesh to achieve such "high" or "peak" (hence reverse tolerance, but theres a catch!, the quality of that high depends compleatly upon #1 ^^ or how often you smoke. so reverse tolerance might seem like a good thing but in the end you will need to take a t-break if you want to feel brand new...