Does a plant need fresh air or just carbon dioxide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yummygreenmedicine, Jul 12, 2015.

1. I want to use part of my basement which is on floor -1 of my building to produce some of my magical medicine. The air in the basement is stuffy and stagnant and my nose don't like it, does that mean my crop won't either, or as long as I keep the temperature down and air circulating I'll be OK.

2. Ventilation is always good. Sounds like you need to get some air moving down there..
    As far as CO2 plants do need air I use to run CO2 for my plants and you can over do it anything over 1600ppm
    is to much. I stopped running CO2 because I have so much ventilation I was just blowing all the CO2 outside lol

best of luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Only too much co2 is over 5000ppm and thats bad for humans anything over 1500ppm your just wasting. My room is sealed with two mini split head units. I only exhaust every third day approximately or if I'm spraying. I run co2 have for 4 years

4. #5 fssalaska, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    Well I remember I was running 1400ppm , 5000ppm seems insane
    Must get stinky in your place dude.

5. I run 1500-1600. Too many carbon filters. And that room is only 9000watts and 15x15

6. damn I have a 8x4 doing critical kush 3 600 watters and a 4x4 with a P1200 led and 1 10x40 canlite and 2 8 x40 canlites

7. I have a few areas.

8. Nice !

9. All other microorganisms in your soul will need oxygen to thrive, not sure if O in water is enough for them?!?!? Either way I stick with the natures way and pull in fresh air all the time.

10. I want to start using Co2. 2 tents 6+8. Can you explain what to do ?

11. Nice job digging this thread out of the grave

• Like Like x 2