Does a medical card affect my record?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Thenigguhgusgus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. I heard that if you get a medical card it goes in your record and it will be hard to get a job,, Is it true?

Depends on what state you're in and how the medical program is recorded. Alot of states don't even have a card per se and you just get a reccomendation from a third party doctor.  
    Then if you want to have instant verification you can get a card after your rec so you don't have to be verified every time you visit a club.
    If your state is like this then no, they would never find out.

Other states you have to register with the health department and your Cannabis card is the same as your Driver's license but instead of DL it says "marijuana license"

I believe In hiring there is a big grey area, best bet is to not tell them. I highly doubt they are gonna find out, but like I said that will depend on what level of involvement your local gov't has in the licensing.

And Im not so sure a backround check company is gonna just be able to see you have a medical marijuana license.  For instance im not sure they can look up if your prescribed Vicodin so they really shouldn't  be able to see.

Someone with a bit more info will chime in i'm sure.