does a dark cycle really help your plants after there done .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bryan oconner, Jun 28, 2017.

1. so what are your opinions ? a few breeders say to do 2 days total dark before pulling to bring out the oils sticky stuff . ive done shoot an entire week or 2 lazy did not feel like trimming . it looked a bit better but no differences when it was used. could of looked better because it dried slowly .

2. That's one of those things that should go in the growers myths thread IMO. When it's done it's done. The plant doesn't suddenly get way more glands in the course of a day or two at the end just because you turned the lights off. I don't buy it.

I hate it when people start talking about if you leave the lights on the last few days it will start breaking down the THC. WTF? It's been growing for months it's not going to get ruined by the same light that grew it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. harvest, trim, dry and cure are the best post harvest things to do. I thought a couple of months in the mason jars would bring out all the flavors, trichomes, stickyness etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've done side by side for years. Had my buddies pull one from their gardens to try too. Now they all do it.

It's not gonna make your trichs mature. It just forces the plant to pump more out. I don't know why. But it does. In fact, J from weedworks (weedworx I think it's spelled) tested 2 buds. Same strain. One had the dark period. Another didn't. Made a difference in potency and cannabanoids were way more full spectrum.

Just do one plant. See it for yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I say myth.

J

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have better luck reducing the temps the last few weeks .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guys. Just pull one out of your garden and try it. This way you can look people in the eye and say yes it works or not it doesn't. Just one. Try it

• Like Like x 1
  8. as long as its controlled but I would very careful if doing a cabinet grow add dehumidifier to remove the moist air

the reason why this works is because how the plant breaths at night cycle plants give off o2 during the day they take in co2 and temps are reduced so trics are not destroyed by heat and light.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have. I had power knocked out so my entire flower room was shut down for 3 days right at harvest. It did nothing over and above what was already there.

Myth.

J

• Like Like x 2
  10. People say myth but it depends on why you are doing it. If you want more crystals i dont think it works or if it does its hard to tell any difference. One thing that is true though is that light degrades thc. So its best to harvest before lights on . So keeping them in the dark for a day or so may help in that sense.
    I always harvest before lights come on, its out of habit really. If they have had any light on the day i harvest i delay harvest till next day. I must say though im no botanist and i dont know if thc degrades in light while on the plant or if its just when the buds are off the plant.

Maybe someone can clarify this ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. (Bright and intense) Light can degrade organic compounds in general but not while in living plant - only after harvest. The deal here is that you only need darker conditions while drying and curing. You just don't want to hang plants under bright intense lighting.

J

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow. That's interesting. And unfortunate. I do it because I've seen the difference it makes. Go figure. At least u tried it