Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does A.D.H.D qualify for mmj

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iTokeDaily, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just wondering if I could get a card for having a d h d co It seems like it could be ok since ad atention defisite (or however you spell it) maybe it helps concentration? and h hyperactivity it would calm you down right? So just get back to me on whether or not I could get mj from a legal clinic with this condition thanks bye.

Nathan

2. LOL no.

I have ADHD, weed is the complete opposite of what they'll give you.

For reasons unknown to even the doctors, ADHD is treated with Methylphenidate, also known as Adderall or Ritalin. Its a stimulant similar to speed, but if you have ADHD it calms you right down (at the appropriate dose) and lets you focus. MJ does NOT help concentration one bit so of course they won't give you that.

SWIM finds MJ and Ritalin mix quite nicely though.

3. It'll probably depend on which MMJ state you're in. We can't really help you without that info.

Actually MJ does help ADD and ADHD. see the related studies in Granny's thread ;)

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/525051-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html

If the OP goes to an MMJ clinic and if ADD/ADHD is a qualifying condition in his / her state, they will give an MMJ rec for it :smoke:

4. Weed does help ADHD. Try a sativa. They give you energy like the ADHD drugs, and a sativa could help you focus and concentrate.

Sammy

5. In california yes other states i don't no about though sorry

6. #6 beefcake7, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    I have ADHD and take 40 mg of Adderall every day. My doctor tells me that I'm on the highest dose before my heart ends up giving out, dosage is equivalent to those who have Narcolepsy. After taking this medication for seven years I still am having the following side effects: rapid weight loss, trouble putting weight on, decrease in food consumption, insomnia, and anxiety. Taking this medication is vital to my success in college and eventually the real world. If I am to take a lower dose I have found myself to lose concentration more often.

Medical marijuana is being introduced in the beaurocracy of the Senate for Ohio. It's up for debate whether it will be on the November election ballot or not.

If this becomes Ohio law then could I get a medical marijuana licence? I haven't bothered telling my current doctor about my experimentation with street marijuana and how it helps me get eight hours of sleep every night instead of having a total of eight hours per week. I don't get the munchies when I smoke, never have, but I do notice an increase in the desire to eat the next day. My anxiety comes from my own social awkwardness along with the side effects of Adderall. By smoking marijuana at least three times a day; morning, noon, and evening, enhances my performance at school even.

I may just be jumping out of my shoes for medical marijuana but I know that certain states have certain rules for prescribing medical marijuana.

7. Well actually I live in the uk but I'm going on holiday. Well actually I'm staying for like 2-3 years so a long ass holiday haha. Anyway looks like I'm going to Cali if I can use mmj for my ADHD. Oh and yeah as for the post above me that's exactly why I no longer take rittilan. I was like 13 at the time and meant to weigh like 7 stone and I weighed in at 4 so they stopped it. I got suspended from school when I was 15 and I started smoking mj and sice then I have been doing waaaay better in school and stuff.

8. In Cali yes, but you got to be a resident of Cali. Just bring your pill bottle and $150 and your golden. The appointment takes like ten mins. then you'll get your rec and you'll be on your way. Really easy.

9. I don't know about you guys, but weed definitely doesn't make my attention any better.

10. #10 xsploit, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    Anyone with actual adhd would know that there head has a million thoughts going on in there head 24/7,its not about paying more attention or anything like that. When i don't have a toke in a whole day my head is going crazy with thoughts all over the place and its insane. I have ADD and on the Canadian passion clubs website adhd/add is listed on the site. Smoking cannabis slows down my thoughts and it makes it bearable for me. There is a long video from this doctor on youtube and he talks about add/adhd and marijuana,he even prescribes younger kids to smoke marijuana with adhd,its alot better then the amphetamines they give kids. Made me so i wouldn't eat,even though i was starving and i couldn't sleep. Pretty soon i am going to the doctor to get my mmj card because in canada if you have anything legitly wrong with yourself in category 2 , then you can get a card you just have to find a doctor to sign the forms.
    I don't see why any doctor wouldn't would give me or anyone a card,because the ritalin,dex and what other amphetamine drugs they use to fuck with kids. Everyone above has experienced the same with those shit weight loss etc and i think it's bullshit,my mom would rather me take mj than meth.

11. i have add and I take Vyvanse...the stuff works but it makes u lose weight and edgy at the end of the day, so then they give you xanax to end the day with and help sleep...so bad for your body. MJ solves my ADD and lack of sleep issues

12. #12 Pola Bear, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    Just claim that you have anxiety. to be honest, you probably do due to the ADHD meds + ADHD is often accompanied by anxiety.
    Diagnosing you with anxiety is mostly based on hearsay, since they cant give you an actual test for it.
    They will defiantly give you weed for anxiety. Just express your concern for addiction and liver damage caused treatment for anxiety with benzos.
    You could also say that the stimulants for ADHD cause some insomnia and decreased appetite. Say that you think weed would be a great all in one treatment for the anxiety, insomnia and the decreased appetite caused by your meds.

13. Look, when you go for a recommendation, you don't 'claim' to have anything, you tell them what ailments you have and why you like to medicate with MMJ over other pharmaceuticals.

And if you still think it's OK to lie to a recommending doctor, do us all a favor and read the stickied post at the top of this forum that I started.

14. Okay, I don't mean to be a total tool here, but Adderall and Ritalin are two different drugs.
    Adderall = amphetamine
    Ritalin = methylphenidate

So, yeah you were partially right. Again, I don't mean to be a douche. Just informing you.

And sorry for not answering your question, OP. I have ADHD too and it would be fuckin sweet if I could get weed for it. lol

15. I sure hope so, I haven't been diagnosed, however I'm prescribed something for it... weird huh?

but I think I have it, the racing thoughts all the time, being in a conversation and in the middle of it switching topics to something completely irrelevant.
    The meds work, but the negatives outweigh the positives.
    I can take even a hit or two, not get "high" but more at ease, physically and mentally.

16. #16 soopadoopa, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    i sure hope adhd qualifies for an mmj license. i know for a fact that bud is alot less harmful for you than adderall, if i had the chance to go back in time to stop my doctor from prescribing that shit to me i would lmao ive seen way too many side effects, and health problems happen to me from that shit its not even funny. it gave me a resting heart rate of 120, made me super skinny, and messed with my social life... overall amphetamines are not a good way to medicate people with adhd imo

17. #17 xsploit, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah exactly you just need a little bit and you don't have to get baked,just barely enough to ease your mind

Ritalin is still a stimulant, people sell it then, people snort it to get high,it is a sister of meth. Its all pretty much the same crap like dexedrine i took that too and you can sell people all those types of "speedy" Pills. If some people got prescribed mmj they most likely wouldn't sell there prime bud like they sell there shitty pill that can be used for weight loss too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.