does a 40 watt clear spectrum light bulb work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dude1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. its a clear, see through light bulb.

i really don't know how to identify a flourescent or cfl, cus when i was searching for light bulbs it doesnt say.

the brand is reveal 40

and im only growing 1 plant

2. #2 BAGZ, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  3. To effectively grow Cannabis you will have to use H.I.D. lamps. CFL'S are those spiral shaped bulbs that are being used to save energy. \tMETAL HALIDES or MH lamps emit a white light that looks slightly bluish. These lights are used during the vegetative growth phase. HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM or HPS lamps emit a pink or amber light. These are used during the flowering stage or budding stage. Until the early 1980's most indoor growers used fluorescent lights to illuminate the garden. These tubes have tremendous advantages over screw-in incandescent lights. A fluorescent tube emits about 3 times as much light as an incandescent of the same wattage and has a light spectrum that plants can use more efficiently.
    Most growers use fluorescent lights for veg. and cloning operations and HPS lamps for flowering.

4. HID is better (stronger light intensity, more efficient lumens/watt), but you can grow with only CFLs, many here at GC do it.

To the OP's question: a Reveal 40w bulb won't do squat for growing MJ. You need to read the sticky threads and grow guides at the top of this forum, almost every newbie question is pre-answered there...