Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does 3 days count as a tolerance break?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheWeedNoob, Aug 18, 2012.

1. #1 TheWeedNoob, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    Hello, I'm quite new to smoking (I think its mids, defo not highs anyway) and was wondering if it would benefit me much if I took a break?

First time I got high, it was amazing. Then I had a break for about 2 weeks (had no weed) and next time I smoked I got just as high.. maybe higher haha. Got lost in the woods for what felt like aaaaages and almost got paranoid lol.

Anyway, I started getting high once per day after that, or every second day. I finished roughly 8g by myself in about 2-3 weeks, which probably isnt a lot compared to the pro stoners lol :smoke: .

Not been high for 3 days, have one joint left and really want to smoke lol. Is that a good tolerance break, or should i wait a bit longer? Do I even need a tolerance break yet? (Everytime I smoke I can get properly high but its starting to take me slightly more weed or longer inhales/more frequent hits :rolleyes: to get real high)

2. Week-long tolerance breaks should come after at least a month of steady smoking. If you've been going at it for 2-3 weeks, three days should do it for you. To be honest, I really would doubt it would have much of an impact. You'll probably feel as high as you did the second day you started your smoking binge.

3. It will probably help a little bit but if you're fair dinkum about having a t-break it should be at least a week

4. When you are living in times of conserving, your should really think about investing in a pipe or bong, they help in reducing the amount you use per smoke break, I know when I smoke a joint its about 4-5 bowls worth. and thast a 10 min smoke that last me 2hour ish, when i can smoke 1 bowl last me 1 hour, each hour and get high for 5 hour straight, =)

food for thought, you might live at home so probably restricted to joints.

but the Tbreak for me 3 days off is already good, if you want to play it safe 1 week is good.

5. On top of that note, actually I would recommend you get into vaping. I have the Arizer Solo M107 and it works beautifully for me. One gram lasts me about 7 or 8 bowls when vaping, each that get me pretty baked. I had a bowl of Blue Cheese with that thing and I was blasted. It's portable but it hits so hard. The amount of vapor you exhale is about the same as the amount of smoke you exhale hitting a bowl or a joint. And you get such a more refreshed kind of high from vaping.

6. 3 days has a significant impact for me, if I have been smoking multiple times a day for several months 3 days will have me flying those first few sessions back

7. [quote name='"bazoski1er"']It will probably help a little bit but if you're fair dinkum about having a t-break it should be at least a week[/quote]

Huh?

Wtf does "fair dinkum" mean?

8. Unfortunately I do live at home still, so when I smoke I need to go to some nearby woods and spark up joints. I could bring a pipe with me, but I wouldn't be able to buy one I don't think or get one delivered :(

Can't wait to get super high again then :D

9. To be fair?

10. Streuth! You don't know what fair dinkum means? Bloody oath mate.

It's an aussie slang term with a few different meanings. In this context I was using it as 'serious' or 'genuine' :bongin:

11. 1. Take a t-break
    2. Smoke portion of the joint with apple.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!!!

12. you probably wont ever get as high as you first did. unless... you smoke some headies. then you will most definitely get high like its your first time again!

as far as a tolerance break, you dont really need one.

13. 12 hours counts as a t-break.

14. [quote name='"bazoski1er"']

Streuth! You don't know what fair dinkum means? Bloody oath mate.

It's an aussie slang term with a few different meanings. In this context I was using it as 'serious' or 'genuine' :bongin:[/quote]

Nope. Don't know wtf streuth or bloody oath means either. Being a aussie makes me understand why though lmao

15. I can feel the difference after a day my guy. :smoke:

16. you do not really need a t-break right now, as you probably do not have a tolerance that would really make a difference, but if you do want to get your tolerance down to nill then take a week long break, and buy a pipe. they save weed especially when you are only smoking .3-.5 or whatever you put into your (probably) tiny joint's kid. if you can't buy a pipe for whatever reason, like being underage (in some areas it's 21 not 18 :rolleyes: ) then just make one, little hint stay away from tinfoil. :wave: happy toking