Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Doe smoking weed hurt your lungs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NovaSmoka420, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, I'm currently training in MMA, and was wondering how negatively weed will affect my lungs/cardio? I plan on smoking once every maybe 4-5 months, an 1/8 of some really high grade medical dro/kush, out of a bong every session. Will this have a negative impact on my lungs? I won't be smoking anything else (cigarettes, joints, blunts, pipes, etc.) just the bong and never reggie. Thank you in advance! :)
    Sorry for saying 'Doe' I meant does, lol typing too fast I guess

2. i doubt it. If ur training for MMA the exercise will probably work your lungs out enough to where it wont matter. Right after smoking you might get worn out of breath easily for a small amount of time, but thats like worst case scenario. More than likely, youll be fine. happy smoking :bongin:

3. I ran cross country everyday, but that's running 6-9 miles a day, it sucked. I smoked everyday and I found running to actually help my lungs stay clean. So as long as your exercising and staying in shape you should be alright.

4. no, you'll be totally fine. spending any amount of time in a big city is far worse on the lungs than a few tokes of medical kush every few months. also, bongs and vapes would be the way to go for that. vaporizors for obvious reasons, and the water in bongs do a better job at filtering out carcinogens than any other method of smoking it

5. Oh yes you'll be fine I believe it takes 12 hours for your lungs to fully cleanse themselves from a single smoke session. It's when you start stacking the hours from multiples sessions daily when it's starts taking its toll on your lungs.

6. Now that I think about it, after not smoking for a year and 3 months, I highly doubt that I'll be able to kill an eighth of kush in one session :b But thank you to all that answered, now I feel safe about casually smoking lol

7. Cannabis does damage but the lungs repairs itself.

Cannabis is the safest smoke to ingest that we know of.

8. Once every 6 months... Dude you'll be fine thats barely at all. Not enough to do any damage.

9. Make some edibles

10. I know you said you feel safe about casual smoking, but I was curious if there's a reason you wouldn't consider edibles as a safer alternative? Just curious.

edit: lol just now saw the comment above mine

11. You'll be fine, my best friend is a strike force fighter and you be surprised by the amount of pros that smoke. They all just take breaks about a month before a fight to clear out and pass drug test. They all prefer it because it's calorie free compared to drinking so it doesn't effect their weight.

12. Every 6 months you'll be fine. :)

Smoking anything isn't healthy, but weed is certainly one of the safest things to smoke. If you're really worried you could just make edibles or invest in a vape (vape being less practical, especially if it's only a few times a year)

13. Every 6 months is going to become every 6 weeks, 6 days, 6th hour, and so on :)

14. Once every few months will barely have any effect. Once or twice a day absolutely will.

15. You won't even notice a difference if it's only once every few months, but even then using a vape would be better.

16. Definitely switch to vaping :)

You wont be disappointed.