Dodged a serious bullet today.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by F. Fontaine, Jul 14, 2011.

1. I work at Target, probably one of the happiest places on Earth... I work there part time, stocking shelves and pulling merchandise from various stockrooms to fill said shelves. Today, my team leader gives me an assignment with 4 other guys to "backstock" (restock items that didn't fit onto the shelves) into their respective places in the stockroom. We all usually work in the backroom but today we were sent to the Paper/Office/Stationary stockroom. It's a small little place, relatively isolated from the rest of the store and workers.

It is worth noting at this point that Target has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs of any kind and does not even encourage their use in off hours due to the "significant investment" the retail chain places on each worker. We're backstocking the stockroom and what happens when you put four stoners (the other one guy doesn't smoke) in a room together? They start talking about weed. This one guy, we'll call him Nick says he has some "Sour". I'm pretty sure he was talking about Sour Diesel. Well, the other three guys are like "really?" And he's like "Yeah, I do! I got an eighth in my pocket, gonna blaze this shit up after work."

Now, I get a bad feeling right in my stomach after he said this. He pulled it out of his pocket and that's when I got the fuck out of there. I had a REAL bad feeling about this when he did it especially considering Sour Diesel is some extremely smelly herb. As I'm walking out the stockroom into the isles, I cross paths with my team leader walking towards the stockroom. "Hey, how's the stocking going?" "It should be going real well, we're really getting into it." I'm like "FUCK" in my head and I just start biting my nails.

He then says "what the fuck is this?!?!?!?!?!?" "What the fuck are you doing?"
    "THIS IS OUR TIME! NOT YOURS!" Apparently two of the guys got caught right in the act of smelling the bag full of weed that Nick was holding. They were fired on the spot. The other guy who was in the stockroom got fired for complicity. I am so glad I left when I did. I'll be damned if I got fired for some fucking weed. My dad would destroy me. Now we have four people fired and the pressure is going to increase in all that work in stocking.

My manager tried to get the police involved and tried to charge them with possession and intent to distribute in the workplace. My coworker then texts me saying he's such an idiot, his parents are going to kill him, etc. I feel sorry for him but he was being dumb. Really fucking dumb. They all were. Now when they apply for a job, they will have to put that they left involuntarily and for possession of a controlled substance. Doesn't look too great on paper.

Please blades, if you find yourself in a situation like this don't be dumb. Just leave the weed and home and enjoy after work. I hate seeing people go down for this type of thing.

Anyone have any similar experiences.

2. It would be legit of you to talk to someone on behalf of the guy that was just standing there doing nothing.

3. ^yeah thatd be pretty nice

4. agreed

5. Back when I worked at fast food I would deal with some fucking stupid co workers. One day me and this new guy were talking to the main manager about hours. The manager turns around to write something down and the new guy pulls out this bag of like 1/4oz shitty mids. He just shaked it in the air for a second so I could see it and put it back in his pocket, the whole time obviously trying to look cool. She almost saw him to lol, he was too busy trying to look cool to notice she was turning back around. Luck for him only the spanish line cooks saw it, and they don't give a shit. In my head, I was only thinking "wow, what a fucking idiot".

6. You must have some serious senses to know that they were going to get fucked.. wait never mind, they were just dumb.

7. I mean in a perfect world i would also but... The man is trying to keep his job which means distancing himself as far from the event as possible (which he did/is doing)

8. Anybody who brings weed to work is fucking stupid.

Like seriously, what the fuck are you thinking?

9. I tried to tell my manager that the other guy, Greg wasn't involved but he then said "How do YOU know?" and gave me "the look". That's when I stopped talking. I like my coworkers, but self-preservation comes first.

10. I brought weed to my first job all the time back in the day, but that's because my manager was the first person I ever smoked with. First time I've ever seen bud was at my work, fuckin zip of some Mids, first bag of weed ever seen by my weed virgin eyes.

11. Never did anything with weed at work, I smelled bad enough just from smoking before (back when I had jobs I could do that with). However usually I could be found in the back of the cooler with a straw and a small baggie...I had this awesome digital scale with a folding lid built in; it made a perfect platform for my line art.

• Like Like x 1
  12. good thing my boss is down with maryjane, doesn't smoke jus is chills bout it :smoke:
    one time i had to put my bag in the office, i told my boss to be carful cuz there was vlaubles in there, my boss was like, "what your bong" lol i was jus like yup, she was like "luls you goofy kid, now go work"

13. That's the type of management we need in this workplace. This "zero tolerance" bullshit isn't going to cut it. I'm sure about 80% of the people in my store burn herb and it they did a random drug test tomorrow a lot of us would get fired and they would suffer. People are going to smoke weed anyway because drug tests don't prove anything. Anyone can stop to get a job, it doesn't prove that you don't smoke weed at all. My manager's an alright guy but he just tries to be the Golden Boy so that he can prove to all his higher ups that he's somewhat competent. He's one of those scrubs that was bullied in school and now was given a "pass GO and collect 200 card". Too bad the days that I can tolerate him are less than the ones that I want to sock him in the jaw.

14. #15 4Sheezy, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I understand completely, maybe I'm just a bit quicker with my bullshit. The other guys were done for sure so I probably would have said I was coming to tell you but I was scared. Myself and blah blah didn't want to be a part of it, so he stayed to watch them while I went to get you.

But the again, I'm saying this way after the fact, and when your in the moment it's a lot harder. Someone quote me and post a "thanks captain hindsight" clip from south park.

15. Terrible idea, he should not lie to protect the other guy. That directly puts him at risk.

16. One time I went in the back of this supermarket and smoked a whole blunt in the backroom while on the clock.

One of the dumbest things I did in my lifetime but somehow got away with it. I just did it to do it too. Like the time I smoked a bowl in my shop classroom.

I don't know what I was thinking or how I got away with it.

17. #18 IMAPOTHEAD42, Jul 15, 2011
    If he did that he would incriminate himself they'd be like how did you know he wasn't involved BAM! Bagged and fired

18. #19 IMAPOTHEAD42, Jul 15, 2011
    Sorry guys I didn't see this

19. Your opinion and mine vary, maybe the way we were brought up?. I would gladly put my job on the line, no offense to the OP but it's not a career that can't be replaced, for someone I knew was completely innocent.