Dodge Neons?

Discussion in 'General' started by PeacefulStoner, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I posted this in Automobiles and didn't get any feed back so...

How do you guys feel about a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT? I'm selling my 96 Mustang and gonna buy a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT. I put A LOT of work into my Mustang both into performance and looks (blacked it out, very nice tint job). It runs great and looks beautiful but i need something i can drive in the winter too and the Mustang can't do that.

The Neon i'm looking at is a great price, and its already customized (black rims, tint, new headlights) which saves me a lot of trouble, it looks very clean (except i may have to get seat covers), low mileage (47,000). I'm gonna need to fix/get a new transmission for it, which is no trouble because i'm very good when it comes to mechanics. I'm pretty much set on buying it but i'm just looking for some opinions from you blades. Has anyone owned a Neon? How was it? I don't have the money for an expensive car and i need something i can drive in the winter. :wave:

2. Very subtly queerish. But the general rule of thumb in my book? If it gets you to weed, get it.

3. I don't know much bout cars..

But I do think that dodge neons are the ugliest fucking car. GAH.

4. My classmate got a Neon, always dies on him in the morning.
    He changed the battery like 3 times already lol so yeah I'm not a fan of them haha
    keep the Mustang I'd say.

5. Queerish? Would've never though that.

Pic

[​IMG]

6. Need a winter car, getting a new car no matter what. Maybe not a neon but definitely something

7. ya got a pic of the mustang?

8. You have just completely backed me up unknowingly. Lol.

9. oh ok cool.

10. Lol alright maybe i'll look for something else

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. My bad about the big pics, don't feel like resizing

13. The neon does look kinda gay now that i look at it lol

If someone finds something on craigslist or ebay post it or pm me. I was originally looking for an suv (like a blazer, suburban, tahoe, etc..) or a jeep but then came across the neon for cheap. Idc what kind of car it is or anything i'll be willing to check it out, needs to be in ohio though and if you do craigslist go to cleveland

14. if you're going the 4banger route, find something that will last you a long time like a honda. dodge neons are notorious for blowing head gaskets pretty easily.

15. Well, if it was me I would not get that Neon.

1- I do not like how they look.
    2- They are not comfy, at all.
    3- This one in particular has so many 'customizations', and I'm not into that unless I do it.

Good luck bro.
    I'm car hunting for 2 weeks now, it's really a tough task!

16. I hate, hate hate hate neons. That said, a slightly older srt4 would be my pick over a newer anything but srt4. And not because of speed

The srt4s have less in common with the other trim packages then you'd expect. I pick fights with a slighty older guy I know online about them all the time for giggles. He's schooled me in the differences, and there are many but I always finish with "it's still a neon". He works within Chrysler and has for a number of years. Currently he mostly test drives shit but he's my go to guy for mopar questions.

Shortened. Look into a 02 or so srt4. More reliable, still great mileage, with the added option to have a little fuñ if you so choose. Thanks for reminding me this place has an auto section lol

17. man...both cars are shit, mustangs are douchey and a little neon is pretty much the same. if you must get a neon, get an srt and THATS it, but take off the gay ass bodykit and shit. and those ugly headlight lids.

also, ...its a neon. >.< get you a honda/acura

18. What's not douchey and gay and ugly to you? I think my mustang's pretty nice

19. I didn't mention Slightly older for any reason other then to offset the cost of it being a more costly car overall fwiw. Didn't mean to imply 02 was better then 04/anyother

20. I think i'm gonna look for another car over the Neon, it is clean and a great price but i agree with you guys that it looks kinda gay. If you guys are bored and wanna look for some cars i'm doing the same and i'd be happy to check out some suggestions. Post the links! :wave: