Documenting noobs first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by icky the noob, Apr 16, 2016.

1. 4-6 inches above the plants canopy is perfect. Cfls only produce useful light spectrum for about a foot. By 3 feet it's diminished by over half. But the thing with cfls is that you can put them inches above the leaves without burning. So your good for about 4-6 plants. Successful grows use about 6000 lumens per sq ft so keep that in mind as your plants get bigger and you have to raise your lights

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Like I said having more smaller output lights versus one or 2 large watt lights is best. And TBH when growing with cfls it's best to go off of the lumen per sq ft rule vs wattage because of how cfls work

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've been micro growing on the side of my regular grows for some time, but you can easily get 6-7 oz off of 4 plants in a 1 sq ft space.

4. Once i get able to clone i def wanna try that. I plan on growing my smoke. Saves $ and keeps me from wanting to start selling lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. You saw my picture of my current rum in the solo cup thread... that was using 4 2100 lumen cfls and 1 23 UFO led.

6. That's a good plan, how are your girls doing so far?

7. [​IMG]

8. Bc kush from bc bud depot

9. Yours are looking really good but imma be real, your gonna need to get rid of some of those, you have enough light for now but the ones in the big pots could potentially 3 feet tall....

10. Oh Hahaha there not purple right now, that's my led running

11. [​IMG]

12. Well i figure ill get rid of most when its time to sex. I can always get more lights and space. Nothing stealth here :)