Doctor gave me a piss test?

Discussion in 'General' started by mareuhwana, Jan 13, 2011.

1. A week ago I went to my doctors office to pick my perscription for adderal since the start of the semester is starting up. Normally I just walk in say my name they give me a script and I leave.

This time it was different they gave me the wrong dose only 20MG XR's when I normally get 30MG XR's so I walk back in and explain what happens. The next thing I know one of the secretarys asks me to come back with her so I do.

She explains I have never had a drug screening at this office and I have been going for 2 years blah blah so I take the test and get my script and leave.

Now I obvisoulsy failed the test for marijuana my levels were most likely through the roof as all break all I did was sit around and blow.

My question is will they stop prescribing me now because of this?

2. A. Should have asked what the purpose of the test was.
    B. Should have denied the drug test, doctors they can't force you to do that.
    C. They may just be checking the levels of the adderal in your system to be sure you aren't abusing them.

3. Only time I had this happen when was my mom told the Doc I used drugs a long time ago dumb bitch!

4. Even though you failled the test, they can't turn you in because its against patient doc confidentuality. They can only do that when you're a threat to yourself or others.
    Although a drug test at a docs office seems weird. My doctor never has asked for one.

5. Depending on what they wanted the test for ie. Substance abuse, drug usage; they will either give you your 30mg dosage or tell you they will not be giving you your medication until you stop your other drug usage.

6. State and Federal funded clinics/hospitals CAN require a drug screening...while I doubt MJ is the focus, it could come up if the local staff are totally ignorant or brainwashed...instead they will look for man made drugs :)

7. If this is your physician you should have been honest with them in the first place and told them you smoke.