Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Doctor, depression, and weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmoke15, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was thinking of going to my doctor to talk to her about my possible depression. If I mentioned to her about my use of cannabis to help with my possible depression, would she have a legal obligation to tell authorities? I live in a medical state, but don't have a med card.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJDaOVz2qY

3. It's confidential.  If he/she disapproves of your usage, you may need a new doc.

The first thing they may say is.....try life without weed.  That would be logical.

The next question would be....if you are using weed to treat it, why are you here.

Medicine is about ruling out things to find the source and then treatment.  Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's something called patient/doctor privilege. They can't go to the law unless they believe you are a threat to yourself or others. That's how it is specifically so you can talk to them about anything, including your drug use.

5. Agreed with previous posters. Your doctor cannot tell the authorities you smoke weed. You should tell your doctor that you smoke, though, because he/she will want to know if/when prescribing you any other medication.

6. Thanks for your responses guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.