Doc's First BHO Run

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by flrdotcom, Mar 24, 2013.

1. i harvested a couple weeks ago http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...-first-grow-purps-4x4-grow-tent-400w-hps.html and long story short, i wasn't satisfied with one of my plants. i grinned her up and plan on making BHO, cannabutter and tincture.

this is my first attempt at making BHO, truth be told i am not 100% sure if i did it correctly. But i must say i am high as giraffe pussy. :bongin:

tools used:

vector butane
    glass extraction tube, mesh, and clip
    laser thermometer
    dabs tools, razor
    gloves
    2 pyrex dishes
    blueberry kush

[​IMG]

filled the extraction tube up 2.5 times, ran about 7 cans through the extraction tube into a pyrex dish. i did this step outside

[​IMG]

while that was happening i had another pyrex on my stove with water in it warming up. turned on the stove fan and put the other pyrex dish in it to purge. my temp stayed around 140, wasnt sure what temp it should have been at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

final product :smoking:

[​IMG]

2. What in the fuck are you doing??!?!? Dont put liquid tane on your stove! Keep that shit outside I'm surprised you're not in a hospital!

3. thanks for the tip!

4. LOL I agree, do that shit outside if you want to keep your house from catching fire, also use pre-warmed water and also don't grind your material, lightly break it, you will end up with a way better result with less green in it.

5. Another thing, dont whip your oil or agitate it at all. Leave it undisturbed on the dish for at least 6hr before scraping. Make sure to keep it on low heat below 120F That oil looks full of tane.

6. do i keep adding warm water or just let it sit?

7. once the liquid tane is boiled off you can bring it in and put the dishes on a griddle on 100-120F. How do you monitor your temps?

8. i have a laser thermometer

9. Ok good then you should have no problem finding that sweet spot around 110F