Do your parents know you smoke?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TheIceberg13, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Basically what the title says... Do your parents know you smoke?
    If so, are they upset? If not, what would happen if they found out? Anyone have cool parents that support their smoking habits? etc...

Personally, my parents don't know I smoke. They would shit a brick if they ever found out. Even if they found out I just tried it once. Which is funny because they know I drink all the time and don't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure my parents would ground me for a super long time (even tho I'm almost 22) and force me into rehab.

This thread is just a curious question. Hope to hear some interesting answers!

2. I'm going on 21 and still live in my parents' house.

When I was younger, my mom told me that she'd rather me smoke weed than cigarettes, because cigarettes cause problems and both her parents (my grandparents) died from cancer due to smoking.

When I got older, my mom admitted to my brother and I that she'd done acid, shrooms, weed, etc. when she was younger and wasn't all uptight about it. She's a pretty big liberal and both of my parents make a good living and work hard, but they are understanding when it comes to a lot of things.

When my brother and I, along with some neighbors, went into my parents drawer when we were on vacation, we found what looked like a giant bag of oregano, which is what they told us it was... but as we got older we realized just what it was. I also found a roach in an ashtray in a drawer next to my dad's bed when I was about 8 and I threw it in the toilet and flushed it, because I was being tought smoking was bad, etc.

So now I'm older and my friends come over after my parents go upstairs for bed and we hit my bong in my backyard. There's a pretty nice TV with cable, couches, chairs, tables, etc. in my backyard for the summer. There's even an awning and a mini-fridge, along with a pool! So my mom and dad know the deal now, and my mom only brought it up once and she said "I don't care what you do, just don't sell it."

So there's my story, I guess. It's really all over the place, but I'm watching the Yankee game as I'm typing this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. My parents know i smoke but my mom hates it!! My dad and i talk about when he used to smoke and shit like that and he tells me to just not smoke at there house or around my mom cuz she gets mad as hell!! but my girls dad is cool as hell we smoke together all the time!

4. When I was younger my parents knew i smoked but "couldnt prove it". Now I'm 23 and I have told my parents straight up that I smoke and even grow for myself. My mom took it hard cuz shes a Jesus freak, however, she is somewhat understanding my medicinal usage, and agrees with me that it's better than some pills.
    My father took it very well he even wants to introduce me to one of his buddies that grows on a larger scale. He doesnt have a problem with it per say but he thinks I use it too much (i smoke weed everyday). But i tell him that he drinks everyday and its no different other than it being a healthier choice than booze and he shuts up.

5. I think my parents have suspected from time to time. When I was younger (ignorant) I was very against smoking. So since they know how against it I was, they just assume that I don't and give me the benefit of the doubt. One of my parents work for the government so if I got caught or they knew, it would be a huge deal. So knock on wood that they don't find out, I don't get busted, and I get to smoke another day!

6. ya i first started smoking when i was 13...not heavily but smoked on weekends when i could be away from my house.. now im 24.. they cared a lot when i was younger and grounded me for like 2 months when they found out i was smoking..after that they just never really said much about it...mom would say why are your eyes red id play dumb and say there red? and go look in the mirror only to see it looked like my eyes ere bleeding hahaha.. i still never smoked around them or in the house out of respect.. id always go to my truck with my bong or bubbler and hot box... now i got my licence.. and showed my mom and let her know all the legal stuff about it and hes all cool now haha shes letting me grow IN THE HOUSE! but i still go and smoke in my truck, havent smoked infront of my mom yet cause it still kinda feels weird lol.. i did buy her a blueberry pie made with hash though and she ate it! haha i keep throwing here hints to come smoke but she kinda laughs and rolls her eyes lol one day ill get her to... my dads a lil more uptight about it...but at least im not doing anything illegal lol!

my advice to you is to try and get your licence if your state allows and show her she cant get mad if your not doing anything illegal

7. :confused:My mom knows I smoke and she dissaproves. The real pisser here is how hypocrytical she is. She's a big toker. :confused:

8. I'm out of the house now, but when I lived back home for the summer one (step-mother) knew I toked, and the other (father) did not. My step-mom was always way cool about it, and once gave me an 8th when she picked up their normal couple Os every week, but I'm unsure how my father would have reacted (probably not badly). I mostly kept it to myself just out of principle (When I was in HS I smoked starting Freshman year and they never knew... though they had their suspicions she's told me).

9. Yep, my sister and I both smoke and my mom will smoke with us on the holidays. I'm nearly 24 and my sister is 23. We both live on our own.

10. I'm 18 attending college as a full time student and live with my Mom and step-dad, they smoke, I smoke, My dad who lives up the street smokes, everybody happy.

11. Iv never seen my mom so upset then when she found out I smoked. Like she was worse then when her dad died. She cried and cried like it was the end of the world. I still graduated HS early...

My dad took it a bit better but was was still devastated.

As of now, my mom always suspects it but doesn't really know, and if I tell her she flips out and takes my car keys and crys like a baby. So the whole honesty thing doesn't work with her.

12. Both my parents know i smoke and they are both completely fine with it, they let me smoke in the house when ever i want and they even let me grow in the house. I love my parents!

13. Holy shit do i know you? My friends parents are the exact same way. We also have a pool , bong , couch , nice tv , xbox and dank beds for us all to sleep in. It's extremely nice of my friends parents to allow us to stay there and i wish everyone that smokes weed could have this same setup!

14. My parents know I smoke because I was recently cited with posession of marijuana (damn pigs.) But I told them I had no intentions to stopping and they were upset in my desicion but they said they can't make the decisions for me.

15. My mom knows and she's cool about it, my dad caught me once and flipped. Even though he smokes and grows it himself :\

16. My mother knows because I told her the first time I did over 20 years ago. At the time she was still a stoner, though her active days were waning. My father smoked too, up until a few months before he died of Lung cancer. I'm a legal MMJ patient pushing 40 (less than 18 months away), I have no secrets from MY family.

My in-laws however do not know, and don't need to know. They are very strict LDS church goers and I don't want to cut my wife off from her family.

17. Does my mom know I smoke? Yes indeed she does. She figured out about a year ago. We fought about it on and off. She finally started realizing how unharmful weed is. She is 100% okay with it now.

Is she upset? She used to be. Now she couldn't care less

What would happen if they found out? She already knows, I leave all my weed and smoking utensils out in the open now. She puts them away for me so they don't stink up the room.

If it doesnt effect me physically (I lift 3-5 times a week) and doesn't effect my grades or my motivation and overall positive outlook on life. Why shouldn't I do it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. well my dad has walked in the basement many times and smelled it, and at first he would get upest n tell me not to do it in the house. i always said i dont smoke pot.

but now im in college idt my dad would care if he found out i was smoking. i get all my shit done, so thats what matters to him.

my mom doesnt know i smoke. she really has no idea. theres alcoholism in my family, and shes just afraid ill drink. she sent me money, but said if she finds out if i drink, she wont send me any more. so i guess the same goesfor if she finds out i smoke weed

edit: actually, she used to do drugs when she was growing up (the 70's) so i dont really know what she would think about it

19. I never told my parents when I was a teenager and started smoking, though my mom might have found out.

Me and my friends picked up an 1/8th of some really dank shit and she called me to see if I could babysit my sister the next day and I was just fucking out of it trying to talk to her, plus, when I get really high, my voice gets really soft, compared to my hard and deep sober voice.

I may plan on telling my mom, but definitely not my dad. I know he'd cut me off completely. Also, if it's any consellation, my older brother and I used to hotbox in his car when I stayed at his house some nights lol.

20. yeah. i asked my mom straight up where my bong is cause it dissapeared