Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do your parents know you smoke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by double_frick, Jan 14, 2009.

1. i got caught a lot as a teenager so, of course, both my parents know i smoked as a teenager. my dad thinks i quit three years ago...and yes, i lie to him about my smoking habit now. have been for...three years. haha
    and my mom thinks i quit, but i just had my baby so i don't know if she just assumes i started again or not.
    so as far as i know both my parents think i quit. lol i'm 24. am i too old to lie about it? i'd rather them just think i quit and not know i started again...makes life easier.

do your parents care you smoke or even know? what lengths do you go to keep your secret? (if it is a secret)

2. Haha, well both parents parents thought I quit after I got busted by the RCMP over the summer, but Dad saw a convo I had left up with a good pot buddy of mine so he knows now. He told me if I'm going to keep doing it, just don't get caught, so it's not like it's a bad thing he knows. Besides, he smoked a lot of pot when he was kid, and both of his brothers still do. Lol both of them over 40, and one actually growing the stuff lol. So I guess it all sort of runs in the family.:smoke:

3. They know I smoke but I still have to hide it from them

4. my parents know that i smoke and as long as i dont drive around with any bud, they dont care. the way they look at it is they smoked when they were younger and it would be hypocritical for them to tell me not to.

5. They know I at least used to smoke. Now, I think we've reached a "don't ask, don't tell" situation. They don't like it, but they stopped asking questions.

6. :p both my parents know i smoke smoke...smoked with them aswell haha..what, its not like smoking weed is bad??

7. My mom knows I grow...

Not exactly sure how she found out though.

8. my dad used to smoke a lot too...but he's now a nazi about it! go figure.
    my mom never liked weed, but she smoked meth for a stint when she was young so she can stfu!

9. i smoked with my boyfriends dad and stepmom...
    maybe one day my mom will take up smoking for her MS and she'll smoke with me. hah she's joked about it...but i don't know that i'd really want to smoke with her...she's a pill.

10. idk haha. my parents did find out about the first time i smoked, which was months ago, but i dnt think they know i still do. i jsut bought a vap recently when i was home on break, and i vaped just about every other night right next to their room. so given that most of my belongings almsot smell of it now, i'd be suprised if they secretly know nad are jsut choosing to be cool and ignore it. at this point, im gonna go with the fact that they're jsut ignoring it. oh well :cool:

11. dang, your parents find out and just forget about it a month later?? my parents found out and put me in freaking rehab. what an effin joke. but i learned a LOT about drugs. :p

12. I've never got caught but hope I do. Then I will share all the information I've learned and tell them that THEY should be smoking becasue they are the most stressed people I know. Not even kidding they are perfect patients lol. But so anti-weed right now. They have no idea I do, but even if I cant convince them I will still do it becasue I'm old enough to make my own decisions (just not in their house of course).

13. haha my parents have known since like the 5th time i blazed.....

in my opinion if your a dedicated smoker, your parents WILL KNOW you smoke because u gotta smoke multiple times a day.....

in other words, SMOKE MORE if your parents dont know :)

14. parents grandparents
    my whole family
    im the stoner of the family

15. Sure mine know. I got caught enough as a kid and I'm open now as an adult about my views on legalisation and the benefits of cannabis for food, fiber, fuel, medicine, and recreation. The topic doesn't come up much but they know. They don't care. I'm in my 40's, professionally employeed making a very good living, gave them a beautiful grandchild who is now in her first year of college, and generally turned out OK (more or less).

At this point in my life I'm starting to think that if someone has to hide it from their loved ones then maybe they aren't mature enough to be smoking. I don't go advertising it to my family but I don't really hide it either.

I have a few friends who hide it from their wives. I cannot fathom that even a little.

16. #16 ExpendablesFan, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    they found out kind of, and i kind of told them at the same time last summer..never thougth of it as a huge deal. they dont approve but they know im smart and just said "not to get caught."

i used to get asked questions about all the time and get stupid remarks from my mom thinking shes funny..over winter break i never menntioned it once and was high all the time, dont think they ever really knew i was tho, and they never mentioned it either. so..w/e lol

edit: i go away to college in case u didnt get that part

17. i don't think its always immature to hide it from the parentals. i would just rather avoid the lectures and the comments since neither of my parents understand and are just as ignorant as many other people as ar as the truth about marijuana. plus, i have kids and my moms a cop-caller. if you've ever had the cops called on your for elevated noise past 10, my mom probably called on you. :(
    lol
    i think sometimes its a sign of immaturity to hide getting high from parents...but sometimes its just a statement about the relationship between the parent/child. some parents just aren't able to be accepting that their children grew up and don't need their overbearing input on every aspect of their lives.

18. Both of my parents know I blaze. I toke with my dad on the regular, occasionally with my mom.
    Sucks though cuz my sisters gonna be in middle school next year. Health class = no more toking in the house.

19. my mom caught me growing in the house once. she didn't seem to mind oddly enough, something about me being old enough to make my own decisions(ill be 22 for another week). they don't know how much i smoke though, and theyve never caught in the act. I like to think they don't know I smoke cigs but how could they not? i reek of nasty smoke.

20. i ended up telling my parents because i was tired of lying and having to keep up with it...

in telling my mother i actually found out that my dad smoked for a long time (14 all the way through middle of college).

so i got to sit down with my dad and have a marijuana conversation. something i NEVER thought that i would have the opportunity to do.:eek: hahahaha.