Do your parents know you smoke pot?

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeVullion13254, Aug 8, 2013.

1. #1 JoeVullion13254, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    do u smoke pot? for how long,...........

When I have a beer or smoke pot, I dont want anyone knowing, especially my parents even though im over 21. 

2. My mom knows, i basically told her. she's ok with it and actually im in the process of getting her to smoke with me :smoke:

3. Why dont you want them to know you drink beer? Being underaged is the only reason i can think of.

4. cause my mom hates alcohol and thinks drinking 1 beer makes me an alcoholic. I dont drink to get drunk, I only have 1 or 2 craft beers a day to enjoy with food.  I have to hide everything. 

5. Dude.... .? Wat are you so afraid of

6. No my mother does not know though I do not think that she would care all that much. She has told me she used to smoke a lot as a young adult and has tried it again with my aunt a few years ago. i want to tell her I smoke, however I live really far away and dont want to text/call her with just the intent of outing myself.

7. Yeah, for about 15 years.

8. my mom is in denial haha my dad dosnt care.

9. Yeah, you shouldn't let your Mum dictate your life like that, especially when you're over 18 and you can't drink a beer!

My Mum knows for sure, even though she's never seen me do it and I've never told her. I have 4 siblings, 3 older. All of my siblings have smoked at some point and 2 still do. We all go partying regularly with hippies, gypsies and just all 'round rum people where there's bound to be drugs involved. She's cool with it but I wouldn't smoke indoors or around her, just out of respect.

I kind of enjoy people confronting me about smoking weed because then I get a chance to tell them why they're wrong and that their beliefs, although I respect them, have no bearing on mine :D

Respect your Mother's wish concerning the weed, but you should calmly and politely tell her that if you wish to drink, you should be able to.

10. I told my mom. She doesnt like me doing it, but she accepts it. And man your 21 and afraid to drink! Shit ill bring a case of Guinness over whenever i visit my parents!

11. Aren't you the guy who was worried about your dad finding a lighter?

12. i dont really talk to my parents. my mom smokes pot (and um...other stuff), my dad's an alcoholic (and other stuff).

i live with my grandparents. they are kind of a buzzkill, but they understand that weed isnt gonna kill meThey get on my case sometimes like "why are you spending money on "dope" when you should be saving?". they really dont get on my ass too much about it though.

funny how old folks call weed "dope" lol

lol no?

14. My bad

15. My mom knows. At first she was pissed because she thought It was like heroin. In fact she even told me "you are going to end up overdosing and dying"

After I showed her a few documentaries like the union, she completly changed her views and now she is ok with it.

16. My dad doesn't know.

17. I told my parents and at first they were mad. My mom called me telling me god doesn't support it and that's why it's wrong to which i said "There's a verse that says all seed bearing plants are here for the use of man" and referred her to the verse. No response :p. Next few days i kept getting in touch with them and sending them information about the subject to which they replied "your sources are biased and make stuff up" To which i replied "O so the american medical journal and several high ranking universities are biased and lying? What makes you think the government and DARE aren't biased and lying themselves?". After that they really couldn't question it anymore and just told me not to get caught up in legal trouble. They eventually agreed medically it really helps me and are perfectly ok with me smoking as long as i don't do it around them. I'm happy with that and it felt so good to dispell all the bullshit they've learned and get them to start questioning things they hear to see if it's true or not. Also shout out to Granny! her list was a huge help in providing me legitimate ammo in that fight.

18. My parents have known for about 15 years now that I smoke. They stopped caring when I was out of highschool, so I don't hide it from them.. But they live kind of far away anyways so it doesn't really matter. 

19. my mom knows, i told her. she's not okay with it but whatever. my dad doesn't know.

20. Mom caught me when I was 16. I guess she kinda figured it'd happen eventually so she wasn't really too angry or anything. Nowadays she just wants me to stay out of legal trouble. It helped that my dad and his best friend had smoked all the time and my dad was using it to relieve pain from chemo and whatnot.

In fact it was his old stash that she caught me with haha