Do your parents call you fat?

Discussion in 'General' started by camram, Aug 14, 2011.

1. I won't say my age but it has been a year since I moved back home after college. One of the roughest years of my life. I spent most of that year drinking very heavily. All the calories in booze of course I packed on a few pounds. Probably around 20.

I'm 60 days sober today exactly and damn proud of it. I think about drinking all the time. I would be lying if I said hopping a plane to Vegas and just going on a bender didn't sound fun.

I medicate for other ailments as well but since medicating maybe the extra weight shows a little more since I eat sweets?

Today my mom called me fat and said I had no goals. I do have goals I just don't tell her. Cut pretty deep. When I was drinking and on the verge of being homeless, she was on my ass for that, too. It's like what do you want from me? I am doing the best I can...

2. Fatty McFatface used to be my nickname.

3. I'm to skinny to be called fat :(

Yes, I'd rather be over-weight then under. Easier to lose weight for me.

4. My parents think i'm to skinny.

5. I'm not fat, I just have a beer gut. I'm definitely not healthy but my health isn't a major issue either. I've started working out and taking in a shitload of protein so while I might have a bit of a beer gut there will be muscle behind it and my arms won't be so scrawny. My parents would never call me fat, and even if my weight was an issue, they wouldn't be disparaging about it.

6. No, however I have been called retarded on numerous occasions by various family members

7. My parents used to complain about me being inside too much and that i need to go out more when i used to play video games all day now that im outside like most of the day they complain about that too... Parents always gotta bitch about something

8. Your mother seems to really care about you. She loves you, in her own way. All she is trying to do is push you to succeed in life. Obviously you weren't succeeding when you were drinking which is why she was on your nuts dude.

For lack of better words.. stop being so emotional about what was said and try to take it as guidance instead of straight up criticism.

She only wants the best my friend. With age comes wisdom... Listen to it.

9. I'm what you call the perfect weight. Normal activity in life and not a shit ton of fast food will give you those benefits.

10. Totally subjective, I'm sure there are cultures all over the world that would consider you a fat piece of shit.

11. No my parents don't call me fat. I got a nice body. lol.

12. I've lost a ton of weight, but when I was fat my parents never used that word about me in front of me. My mom was afraid it wqould hurt my feelings, though I told her numerous times that I didn't care. I was fat, I didn't need it to be sugarcoated (figuratively of course).

13. #13 Storm Crow, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - no date)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

And take a good, hard look at your diet! I made this up a few years ago for the kids at my school to explain WHY eating junk food would make you fat. (This comes out neater printed up on my computer. :cool: )

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)
    1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

10 Wheat Thin Crackers.................................................1 apple

Now which is going to fill you up? 10 wheat thins, or an apple? And dig that so-called "healthy" yogurt! (Try blending your own fruit, stevia and yogurt for a really healthy snack! :) )

Our food is way over-loaded with Omega 8 and lacks Omega 3! This really messes with our health!

[FONT=&quot]O-6 vs. O-3 ratio[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Omega-6+to+Omega-3+Ratio+-+Discover+the+Shocking+Reality+That+Ruins...-a01073970178[/FONT][/FONT]

The cannabinoid receptors in your brain are made in a defective manner if you are low in Omega 3. :eek:

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.
    (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocanna... [Nat Neurosci. 2011] - PubMed result

The type 1 cannabinoid receptors (CB1s) are responsible for many "jobs" in your brain. They tell brain cancer cells to die, protect healthy cells, block depression and also get you high! :smoking:

Now remember way back at the start where there was the "Good fat" article to help you lose weight? Well, that good fat hemp oil has the Omega 3 you need to make those healthy CB1s!

How's that for a cool "two fer"? :D The hemp seed oil that will help you burn fat, will also make the healthy CB1s that you need to get healthier and higher! :yay: Win-win situation, baby! :hello:

If you can't find hemp seed oil, try the health food store or on line. It is way cheaper in a bottle, than in caps! And hemp seed oil can make a decent Italian salad dressing! (Hemp seed oil, cider or wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and a bit of ground bud! ;) ) Hemp seed oil should be refrigerated.

Fish oil also works just fine as an Omega 3 source, but may give you fishy burps! :p

Granny :wave:

14. Thanks for the helpful information.

I guess I should state I wasn't always overweight either. Going into college I was 140lbs and had to wear a belt to keep my 30 inch shorts from falling down. My metabolism has just slowed down and like I mentioned earlier, drinking packs it on pretty easily.

15. Start running and training man. I just started soccer practice and I lost nearly 10 pounds after the first 2 practices. We ran about 4 miles, then took about a 5-10 min break
    After that we did drills for ball control, but we had to run in place while doing them.
    then we did one more drill that included running to one side of the field getting a pass and shooting (on a mini micro field)
    after that we did lappers to finish strong. Lappers are when one group of people slightly jog (almost at a walking pace) around the field while the other group sprints as fast as they can around the field to try to catch up, then when they're caught up the other group sprints to catch up. Usually we do 2 of those but that time we only did one.

Do some things like these EVERY DAY. I mean EVERY DAY. Seriously. And throwing up is not uncommon, if anything it means you're doing good. But after you do throw up you should sit until you feel you won't throw up if you stand. Just make sure you drink PLENTY of fluids and eat 1-1.5 hours before you do this, if you do this. And drink between all drills.

16. My parents give out to me for not eating enough and being too skinny
    those fuckers are always trying to fatten me up

17. Ah those Europeans and their slim bodies...