Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Your Kids Know You Smoke Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cannabird, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Do your kids know you smoke weed? Did you tell them? Did they find out? Pretty sure mine knows. He's 18 and very smart. I hide my stuff but if he wanted to find it it wouldn't be hard. He's a total square though and would never do it. He even tells me all about when his friends are doing it. He's just one of those stone cold sober all the time type of guys. He doesn't care who does, it's just not his thing.

2. Yep although I never do it with her around. She is 7 years old and tends my plants with me and thinks it's real funny when she tells her friends to smell them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. That is one way to work off that allowance heheh

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nobody knows, except for the dispensary budtenders...#Ninjastoner...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Helll noo.
    My kids dont even know what it smells like. They never see it, smell it, get near it. Its 247 under lock n key hidden away. Kids are always away from home also before I get cannabis action. Just feels better for me this way. When they are older I will have a chat with them about it. But I doubt Id ever be that dad who smokes up around kids.

Sent from my screen to yours!

6. My kids are in their 40s now, so yes, they know. My eldest has even accompanied me to the dispensary a few times, although he doesn't use cannabis. (He just wanted to see some of the fancy glassware I had described to him.)

Back when they were little, my late husband smoked a pipe using various types of tobacco. Momma just "smoked a different brand" in my joints and shared with Daddy! By the time they figured it out, the boys were old enough to know not to say anything. Cannabis was just a "family secret" along the lines of "Dad walks around the house in his underwear" - you just didn't talk about it to others. :biggrin:

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  7. My 15 year old knows. I only recently told him. He has known my opinion on MJ being safer than alcohol for years, but I just felt like it was time to be even more honest w him since he’s getting older. I didn’t want him to find out for himself any other way than through me. We keep communication open about these types of things. He respects my opinion and rule that he never try it until he’s an adult. The DARE program at school is when I told him- didn’t want him brainwashed into thinking ppl who smoke marijuana are dope heads and blah blah. Which for me, after I smoked weed the first time I thought, “well if they lied about this drug, then the others probably aren’t THAT bad either.” Not the mentality I wanted him to have that’s for damn sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. My son will be 18 in a few months. I've never told him that I smoke or grow a lot of weed. He doesn't have any issue with it as several family members use it medically. He fully understands the benefits of cannabis and is fine with recreational use as long as it is done responsibly. He has tried it and didn't care for it. But several of his friends smoke. So he knows the smell of it. So, I'm sure he knows I do, but it's kind of a don't as don't tell kinda thing. I would tell him and would like him to help me with my growing. But, it's the wife that has issue with him knowing. I pick my battles and this one would be a loser. So it's not worth the hassle of an argument. When he's 18, I'm going to tell him. But he has to know. I smoke all day every day and when I leave my grow, especially after harvesting and trimming, I reek to high heaven.

• Like Like x 1