do you want to quit junk food? or any bad habit? i have a method.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fruitality, Jan 13, 2014.

1. #1 fruitality, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    the past year, ive been radically changing my diet, and exercise methods.

in order to stop eating addictive junk food and living a shitty lifestyle, i have sort of "invented' this method. it is very simple, and i hope you guys use it as a tool to actualize your goals.

i introduce to you the idea of essentialism, this is the theory that explains why we think a famous actor like george clooney is very handsome even though he is just an average looking guy middle aged guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essentialism

as i researched more and more about nutrition and fitness, and increase exposure to healthy food, i was able to convince my brain that things i used to enjoy a lot taste like shit. i used to eat fast food like an starving kenyan when i got high, but because i now disassociate those foods with things that bear the essence of food, i can force myself to hate that taste. like i persuaded my own brain to believe that fast food and processed foods do not have the essence of what qualify them to be delicious. a year ago i could have easily eaten 2 or 3 combo meals from mcdonalds. now just thinking about the taste of burger buns make me feel slightly sick lol.

so my hypothesis is this:

you can force yourself to like or dislike anything if you

1) have conviction in your objective
    2) disrupt your habit or routine
    3) engage in ideas that support your objective (oppose your status quo)

hopefully that was helpful let me know what you think or if you have other psychological tricks to share.

2. Im trying to quit bad food and alcohol as part of my new years resolution.So far im failing.But i have succeeded in quitting caffine so its a startSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Well I drink more than i probably should, and have actually built up quite a tolerance(I can kill a 12 pack in an afternoon, although i'll be hungover the next day), but I gotta be honest I don't really wanna quit lol. Definitely cut back, but I enjoy a beer n bowl too much at the end of the day to quit completely.

4. Quitting bad foods was easy for me. Once I actually read the ingredients list on this shit, I was done, and hooked on whole foods. Really pissed at my parents for allowing me to eat fast food when I was growing up, irresponsible as fuck. Quitting meat was easy aswell, after seeing the "living" (confinement) conditions of the animals, and what they are fed (GMO roundup corn) what the animal eats is what the consumer eats. Abhorrent crap out there passed as "food."

5. what? quitting meat is like the worst possible thing you can do to your body

http://www.eatwild.com/index.html

you can use that website to find free range animals you can eat in your area

6. #6 ReturnFire333, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014

Haha, thanks, but I'll dodge the propaganda in this instance, especially seeing as that website you provided listed no suppliers near me.

Dear carnivores, I will not eat the factory farmed garbage that you ignorantly consume, don't try to force it upon me  :wave:

Not saying that is the case with you specifically Doctor Clip, but...

8. #8 fruitality, Jan 15, 2014

what propaganda? it's a fact that humans have evolved to eat animals. theres a lot of physiological proof.

just like cows must eat grass, humans need to eat meat.

especially when you are trying to create ketones like me. probably like 90% of calories i eat are protein and fat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_diet

read about those eskimos. they live in the shittiest environment on earth but are some of the healthiest fittest people due to their animal diet.

Humans have no requirement to eat meat, every vital nutrient the human body needs can come from non meat sources, even vitamin b-12, hence why we are herbivores.   :wave:

10. [quote name="ReturnFire333" post="19346398" timestamp="1389814636"]Humans have no requirement to eat meat, every vital nutrient the human body needs can come from non meat sources, even vitamin b-12, hence why we are herbivores. :wave:[/quote]We are bothWe were given the ability to eat bothWhy can't people get that and live and let live.

11. #11 ReturnFire333, Jan 15, 2014

Exactly. I will not push anyone to be vegetarian, and no fucking way am I a better person than anyone who eats meat, that's just stupid. I just have ideals and differences of opinions than some people on the subject of meat, just like every other issue in life. But to say that humans have to be carnivores to survive is incorrect.

If I had access to free range, organic, grass fed beef and chicken (whatever chicken eat naturally) I would eat meat. Until then, no way.

12. [quote name="ReturnFire333" post="19346398" timestamp="1389814636"]Humans have no requirement to eat meat, every vital nutrient the human body needs can come from non meat sources, even vitamin b-12, hence why we are herbivores. :wave:[/quote]I'm slowly grasping this. Realizing that we don't need meat. My girlfriend been a vegetarian for a while and she's slowly becoming a vegan, so am I. But it's hard. It takes time. It's nothing something that just happens. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815114.145162.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815125.277975.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815133.427985.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815143.844337.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815154.561255.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389815164.360017.jpg Tell me why this is happening. Haha. Keep it green!

we are not and never were herbivores.

there's a reason why you thought vegetables taste like shit as a child, and psychologically find green colored food unappetizing.

this is because wild vegetation were poison to primal humans. plants need leaves for photosynthesis, so they evolve ways to protect themselves. this is why herbivores have way more complex digestive systems than humans. (extra stomachs, extra colon, etc)

14. #14 ReturnFire333, Jan 15, 2014

God I think I vomited. This sounds like something straight out of Rupert Murdochs fucking bullshit spinner. Most of the meat people consume is factory farmed, no animals are grazing or roaming on shit!

Are these pictures in support of factory farming then? What the fuck?

15. #15 ReturnFire333, Jan 15, 2014

I loved vegetables as a child. My mom would have to stop me from eating food from the produce section. Your argument is stupid dude, lmao. Green food is light years more appetizing than brown dead animal tissue.

16. #16 SIRSOG, Jan 15, 2014
    And lets just point out most fruit and veggies aren't green lol.I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but that argument about color was sillyWeed is green and we are evolved to benefit from it

17. #17 fruitality, Jan 15, 2014

you can train yourself to deny your genetic expression. for example, our instincts are to take shits in the squat position, but we sit on toilets and fuck our organs up. why? because it has always been done that way.

most modern humans have crippled their instincts, and you dont even know what your body is telling you to do.

18. [quote name="fruitality" post="19346374" timestamp="1389814374"]what propaganda? it's a fact that humans have evolved to eat animals. theres a lot of physiological proof.just like cows must eat grass, humans need to eat meat.especially when you are trying to create ketones like me. probably like 90% of calories i eat are protein and fat.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_dietread about those eskimos. they live in the shittiest environment on earth but are some of the healthiest fittest people due to their animal diet.[/quote]Correction. Humans adapted to be able to eat meat.It is possible to find all nessesary nutrients in the plant family. It is simply.much more difficult (and also unnatural considering no paleo person had access to the veriety of plants needed to sustain a vegan diet)Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 fruitality, Jan 15, 2014

weed is not food. 

and we made weed the way it is now, wild weed is not even similar to the shit i smoke.

fruits and a lot of veg are not green because the plant "WANTS" you to eat it so you can shit its seeds out somewhere else with natural fertilizer..

the plant does not want you to eat its leaves and stems.

thats why fruit is usually red or orange. so you are instinctively able to recognize that it's safe to eat.

20. [quote name="SIRSOG" post="19346489" timestamp="1389815631"]And lets just point out most fruit and veggies aren't green lol.I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but that argument about color was sillyWeed is green and we are evolved to benefit from it[/quote]We are actually not evolved to benefit from weed. Tje endocanibanoid system is called that because of how it was discovered. Its primary function has nothing to do with weed.Its just a coincidence that weed makes us high (and humans arent the only animals that get high on weed; thus debunking that idea)Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app