Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you use Marijuana Medically? With out a Licences?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GoldAdapter, May 12, 2009.

1. What up guys, Do any of you smoke Marijuana for a medical reason?? Other then just getting high and kickin it...

I have really bad anxiety, and I could never go to sleep, up 6am still wake, class at 7am... I didn't want to take all theses pills with side effects this and that. I smoke a bowl just right before bed and it clears my mind...I smoked at 11 and its about time to hit the hay... night guys

I been smoking every night for about 10 months..

2. I self prescribed it for cancer when I was going through chemo.

3. I smoke for a medical reason. Severe anxiety/depression and sleep issues.
    I don't have a license.... yet.

4. IBS, but I'm getting my license very soon.

5. My dad does but he doesn't have a license. Fell down a pit and a stick went into his back so his friend deals to him because he is unemployed. Took a fat bowl and smoked it with one of my homies and I gotta say DAMN that was STRONG.

6. i use it recreationally, but it helps my medical conditions. but i used to horrible migraines that would basically fuck over my whole day since i was a kid, and in like the 5 years since i started smoking i havent gotten even one... it also really helps my insomnia. normally i smoke at the least a little ciggiweed or spliff at night so i can go to sleep. i tried taking some sleeping pills a few times and i ended up being up just as late as normal, except once i fell asleep i couldnt wake up in the morning and id miss my classes...

7. #7 dankers hill SD, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    ahhh man all this anxiety talk, thats the best one. you get XANEX!!!! eat a bar and tell me your still awake in an hour or better yet where you are, lol.
    But i feel yall, no one likes side effects, but with XANEX!!!! you get the "half-life" effect the day after, and thats even better than the night before some times!!!!

haha *ilikebud, whats good!!! what part of San Diego you from?

8. Same here. I have insomnia, and around midnight or later I would start to get super depressed. When I toke, it completely disappears.

9. I smoke to keep my apetite up. No, I'm not anorexic or even close, but I find that when I don't smoke I can easily not eat for 24 hours without feeling hungry. I'm not trying to find out what happens if I don't smoke for a few days.

10. I started smoking for social anxiety, and it helped more than any prescription they put me on. My anxiety is more or less gone, but if I'm ever feeling abit anxious about an upcoming situation, I still smoke to help with it. It's nothing less it used to be, however. I WOULD have a license if I lived in California, but Michigan medical law says Marijuana can only be prescribed for physical conditions, and not mental.. hopefully that will change asap.

11. I have trouble sleeping at night as well as IBS.
    Pretty sure I have insomnia but I've never had it checked out.
    as far as IBS, I've gone to the drs before and been told I have it.

I usually smoke before bed.
    on nights that I can't smoke before bed. (unemployed, no money to move out.) i dont get to sleep until 6-7am.

but i know getting a license isn't as easy as going into the dr and saying, "hey, I have IBS and Insomnia, i've found that marijuana helps them both, can i get a license please?"

12. I smoke to kick it with mates but also have other reasons.

1) it improves my apatite (if i wasnt a stoner id weigh 140 pounds not good when ur 6,1)

2) And it also helps me sleep........if i dont have weed for a few days i cant sleep and longer periods when iv had to give it up when i went overseas i could still get to sleep only thing was it wasnt a deep sleep id spend all night having crazy dreams and waking up every 30 minutes.......with weed its a nice deep sleep where i wake up maybe once or twice a night.

im not the only one in my family whos like that my mother is an insomniac and she normally has a smoke before bed with a sleeping pill and it helps.

13. I use it for both reasons. Due to old injuries I have osteoarthritis in one of my ankles and both knees (worse in the ankle). I use heavy Indicas for pain when I need to. Of course I also smoke recreationally as well.

14. i use it recreationaly and medically.

my medicinal use is for muscle soreness or discomfort after strength training or after a basketball game.

15. dude im going through the exact insomniac sleep pattern. i cant get outta it.

ive been prescribed sleep meds when i was little but dont wanna harm my body anymore..

infact im still up after not going to bed

16. hey 'yunggrasshopa', have you tried the supplement melatonin?

it comes in 1mg pills, its like 5 bucks at the pharmacy. definitely helps you fall asleep and stay asleep. and is much much muchhh safer than pharmacutical sleeping aides.

since i started using it i've never slept better and i used to have serious trouble falling asleep.

17. to be honost im scared to take virtually anything without googling it and cross referencing with my family doctor.

my anxiety is real bad:(

18. well check it out man, reference it and what not. melatonin occurs naturally in your body so it's not some foreign substance. definitely worth a look for anyone experiencing any type of sleep problems. it works so subtly that it's hard to even notice it doing anything..and all of a sudden you've drifted away and woken up fresh. again, i really think its preferable to any type of medications.

19. Helps me sleep and stops these horrible stomach cramps I used to get before I started smoking it.

Edit: Whey, 100 posts. *fanfare*

20. I have had a lot of problems with nausea since I was a wee child. I find that taking even one or two hits relieves my nausea completely.