do you use fan leaves for hash or just the smaller trimmings off the buds?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by StickyFingerzz, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I have all the fan leaves from harvest and also all the trimmings from manicuring the buds. I am going to be making bubble hash. Should i use all of it or just the trimmings? Or maybe do them both seperately? Thanks:eek:

2. Trim is allways great fo making Bubble/gumby hash with, but unless those giant fan leaves have visable trichs on them I wouldnt use them.

You could still make use the fan leaves tho (aswell as stems etc) by using ButaneOil extraction.

3. Fan leaves are useless.
    Fan Leaves have strong & thickness petiole , so it can damage screen.
    Fan Leaves do not posses that amount of trichomes to bring you some fine hash but can bring you problems.

if you do not believe try to separate fan leaves of trimming and made 2 type of hash, you will see it.

4. I only use the trimmings off the bud and the small sucker buds for my hash

5. Remove the fan leaves and use them for tea/butter DO NOT MAKE YOUR HASH with them! Only use the sugar leaves, this being if you want to come out with a full melt.

6. ok thanks everyone. I haven't purchased the bubble bags yet tho. How does bubble hash compare to QWISO hash in quality and yield?

7. The quality is a hundred fold better, the yield for around every ~100 grams of trim you put in your going to get around 1g of hash.

8. 100g trim to 1g hash goes for both methods?

9. Just bubble hash, I don't even mess around with qwiso hash not up to my standards

10. 100g for 1g

Sorry, can I ask from which bag you got 1g ?

11. Depending on the strain you use you'll get around 1g for all of them combined or you could even get 1g out of each if you had a very resinous strain.

12. #12 Outdo0rMaster, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    From which bag you have 1g of 100g ?
    Not strain, bag.

I got almost 10-15g from about 200g plant material (leaves).
    Now I will made hash of popcorn buds and I believe it will be around 25g from 200g.

Two types of hash but for popcorn buds I will use and 25mc so it will be 3 types of hash, in total 25g.

13. #13 StickyFingerzz, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010

I've got an ass load of fan leaves and stems. Way too many to use in 1 batch. And i can see small resin glands on them under my 60x magnifier. Do you think I can use the QWISO method and just wash each bunch with the same ISO till all the leaves are used up? That would probably load up the ISO with a decent amount yeah?

14. It's worth a try, and keep your ISO cold as can be, the colder it is the better it works