Do you turn yours off?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by newhobbyfarmer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. This may sound silly, but I've seen several posts suggesting DBV owners leave their units turned on for long stretches of time, or even indefinitely.

My new toy should be delivered tomorrow so I'm obsessed with learning all I can before I'm (hopefully) too medicated to absorb new info. ;)

2. If you use it all day, might as well leave it on I guess. I only vape once a day during the week, so I keep it off until I'm ready to use it. But if I have off work, I'll usually leave it on most of the day and only turn it off if I'm leaving my apartment or something.

It's nice to just have it running and casually take a hit whenever you want. :smoke:

I wouldn't leave it on all night though. If you want to hit it first thing in the morning, maybe set the alarm and turn it on when you first want up, then hit snooze for another 5 minutes or so... then it'll be ready.

DBV is awesome, so enjoy!

3. #3 WisdomInTheTree, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    If I know I'll be around and hitting it, I leave mine on. No need to turn it off between seshes, especially if other folks will be hitting it too. But if you do decide to shut it off, it has a very quick heat up time, usually about 2-3 minutes for me. Enjoy it dude!

4. Thanks guys. I'm terrified that it'll still murder my lungs so that I won't be able to use it. No one I know has even vaped before. YIKES! I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve....

5. Vaping really doesn't feel that much different, you get used to it. You could get a plug in timer that turns it on and off at a certain time, like in the morning and at night. If you plan to use it all day.

6. I hadn't thought of an auto timer...huh. I wasn't worried about it not being on when I want to vape. I'm just surprised that some people leave theirs running 24/7. I would have thought that would fry the heating element more quickly.

Thanks, Man.

7. Well even though it isn't quite the same thing, look at the worlds longest burning light bulb. It has been going for a LONG ass time, if it were turned off, it would not come back on. The most stress gets put on heating elements from cooling off then heating up. Going from hot to cold repeatedly is damaging to electronics so it would make sense that leaving it on would last longer. I'm not sure if this is 100% true for DBV but I would be more worried about it being on when I'm not home.

8. I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks.

I would absolutely forget to turn it off when I leaving the house! Even if I wasn't medicated. LOL

9. People at 7th floor leave their Silver Surfers and I assume Da Buddahs too all day. I have heard they never turn them off (maybe they do at night idk). I leave mine plugged in next to my bed, but I turn it off when I'm done. Even though the ceramic heater will last forever and you can leave these units on all the time, it's not necessary for me. I smoke 1-2 bowls at a time.

I could also plug it into my surge protector and run it off my bedroom switch if I wanted.

10. I leave my silver surfer on practically indefinitely. I obviously turn it off to move it around or if I'm going away for like a week, but generally speaking if I'm home, it's on. I do turn it down to a slightly lower temperature at night, but I've noticed no deterioration in the amount of heat given.

11. I usually turn mine off when I'm not smoking. Don't like wasting electricity :)

12. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']I leave my silver surfer on practically indefinitely. I obviously turn it off to move it around or if I'm going away for like a week, but generally speaking if I'm home, it's on. I do turn it down to a slightly lower temperature at night, but I've noticed no deterioration in the amount of heat given.[/quote]

I do this exact same thing with my eq. No issues at all

13. #13 newhobbyfarmer, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Thanks, guys.

I was thinking, if I'm going to leave it on, I may as well use a wax or oil tray. Put the heat to good use & if anyone asks about it, I can say that's what its for. Not a lie!

I tried my new DBV about an hour ago & I love it. I can't get stupid during the day so I've been taking it easy, but wow. The best part is it doesn't irritate my airway. EXACTLY what I never knew I needed. LOL

14. Yeah vaping seems so foreign and unknown and all you can base your leap decision on is hear-say and opinions from strangers.

It's nice when you find out its a whole different world.

15. "7th Floor, makers of the Silver Surfer Vaporizer and Da Buddha Vaporizer has been perfecting this vaporizer for over 6 years! The first production model Silver Surfer Vaporizer has been turned on for over 5 years now and is still running strong, a true testament to their lifetime warranty on the labor and housing and 3 years on the Silver Surfer ceramic heating element."
    from Silver Surfer Vaporizer - Black or Silver | Vape World
    there has been one going for over 5 years... but i only keep mine on when im using it(I dont vape very much and i dont like wasting electricity)

16. I do not leave mine on. Actually, I generally put my dbv away when I'm finished using it.