Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kush.man, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I can get recommended for med. mj.? Just turned 18..

It benefits me in so many ways..

-I am constantly deeply depressed, its hereditary. It arises from my social anxiety disorder and the constant drama going on in my life.

-I force myself to eat throughout the day due to my loss of appetite, and often feel nauseated (I'm underweight..).

-I'm so stressed out its ruining my life. I'm losing all my friends, my family hates me, basically I'm cutting my self off from the world and theres nothing I can do about it.

-I can't concentrate. Therapist says I have ADHD.

I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I've been doing well these last 3 years because of my illegal marijuana use but that came to an end when my parents turned me in.

And YES marijuana use successfully treated all of my problems, without any other problems arising from it BESIDES THE FACT THAT IT IS ILLEGAL.

Sorry for the long post, but my life has really plummeted theses last couple of months.. I'm losing everything, suicidal thoughts are coming back..:(

What do you think?

2. I'm a good person, i'm tired of feeling this overwhelming guilt and anxiety, I'm tired of people blaming ME for my own misery. I try, I really do..

I have tried C.B.T. (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) for my S.A.D... yeahh not working :/..

3. anyone..?

btw I live in Southern Cali.

4. #4 hunteraugustine, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
    well if you live in a state that allows mmj, and you are indeed 18, i would suggest searching online to find a place where the doctors work primarily with prescribing medical marijuana cards.
    now this is just my two cents, but i try to not smoke when i'm depressed seeing as i become more in-touch with my emotions and in turn become more depressed. but like they say; to each his own.
    now i would never condone abusing "the system" but if you want to be guaranteed your medical card you might want to add into the list something like insomnia and chronic muscle pain. it would also further help you to bring even one medical record of a symptom you have that you list to the doctor as to why you think medical marijuana could help you.
    sorry if this was a tad long, man

5. Thanks a lot bro I really appreciate it. :)

6. Check with Norml, or Webehigh - both websites that can give you pertinent information regarding your state. Being from california myself, San Francisco, I know for a fact that your worries are just like that of most other people who really want to benefit from medical marijuana use. I had alot of your similiar issues and have used marijuana in the past illegally.. its a breath of fresh air once you get that card in your hands, let me tell you.

7. Hon, with that many hassles, you are a shoo-in! Follow steps 1 through 4, and you're legal!

1) Get a copy of your medical records and/or a note from the therapist stating you suffer from ADHD, etc. Medical records are best- just ask for a copy. And your regular doctor CAN recommend cannabis, but likely won't. You'd need a dated note from him (see #4).

2) Go to NORML's California site. Find the pot doc list. Call the doctors in your area. Prices can vary greatly, so ask! Make the appointment.

3) Gather any pill bottles (the newer the better), the records, and cash, and go to your appointment.

4) Walk out legal! Be sure to have the doctor write on your recommendation just how many ounces per month and how many plants you may grow! The laws are in flux, and this will protect you until things get settled!

Granny :wave: