Do you think you can smoke weed and be successful at school?

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeyMcPott, May 9, 2011.

1. #21 sfsc, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Can you? Probably. A lot of people can. But I couldn't. I had to finish everything first and then kick back and smoke.

2. I mean maybe statistically that is case but for me it isn't. I have cumulative finals frequently and usually don't even need to review the old material much because its still in my brain and readily accessible.

Everyone is different. I smoke before studying, although usually I'm not still "high" or "peaking" when I study, sometimes I am though, it doesn't affect me at all. At least not noticeably.

3. Think i might do this from now on lol. Thanks for all the answers everyone

4. I have a masters degree in sociology/ behavioral science from the U of MN and smoked the entire time.

5. #25 Majestic Raven, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Weed was the reason that I failed my first semester in college and dropped my second semester. I was ditching a lot of my classes to hang out with friends, smoke, and escape reality.

Then I came back the next semester and weed is the reason that I got over a 3.00 for the first time in my life. I was smoking several bowls or some hash, then I would sit down and study or read.

In my opinion, marijuana doesn't affect your schoolwork that much if you have willpower or motivation. I fucked up my first year because I was relatively new to smoking and thought it was the coolest thing ever, so I would just get high to get high. But when I realized that it is tool to be utilized, I became successful.

6. Hell yeah. I maintained a 3.7-4.0 gpa in college and went to class drunk and high every day. My best papers were written drunk and I was constantly high doing my homework. I don't study at all for anything though so I wouldn't know about studying high.

7. Weed affects everyone differently. For me Im not the best lil alien student when I'm stoned. I save that shit for after I get my shit done.

ayylmao y'all humans ain't too bad

8. If you smoke when you should be studying, it will affect you. If you smoke when you have spare time, it won't affect you. Common sense.

9. You definitely can. I wasn't though lol.

10. It really boils down to the will power of the smoker. If u lack ambition and u smoke weed regularly then chances are u may not achieve much in life, but if u are ambitious and smoke weed regularly (and responsibly) then chances are u might become successful. So to put it in simpler terms, its not weed that is the actual problem here, it is the individual.

"Everything is better when u are high"

11. Study first smoke later

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

12. Well, I'm in my first year of college and I became a stoner a few months ago. Currently I'm doing the best I've ever done in school, so yes it is possible to smoke weed and do well in school. It comes down to your own will power though. 

13. And the award for best post goes too..... Mhe anh yhou we beh frends fer ever two

Sent from my iPhunny using Grasscity Forum appster