Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think this would be a good first bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EmericanStoner, Feb 16, 2009.

1. #1 EmericanStoner, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    I'm thinking of getting this for a first bong, what do you guys think?

http://www.grasscity.com/online_headshop/Festival_Glass_Bong.cfm?iProductID=4500

I already have a glass bubbler which is awesome, but I'm thinking of getting this 1 footer just because of the price. I know its not that great of quality, but do you guys think its a good size and price? It does have to be somewhat portable to go in my car, which is why I need this one instead of a 40cm. Go easy on it :wave::smoke:

EDIT: Messed up the link.

2. #2 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    I would look for something glass, those kinds of bongs really suck IMO, lots if drag and quality is shit. Check out Molino, Weedstar and Spot On, all are cheap glass. And I wouldn't get that black one fir that price

3. More info on bongs at the link in my signature.

I would find it hard to justify buying a bong of that quality. Since you already have a bubbler, why not wait until you can invest in a quality bong? You'd basically just be upgrading to a more complex bubbler at that stage. A bong shouldn't be something you have just to have - it should be something you pick out and enjoy owning.

4. id buy that for 30 definatly, its worth the price but yeah as far as bongs go you can do alot better, but for a first bong sure why not its not like it wont work

5. Yea, I guess I should just wait. Idk, I want a decent bong but I don't want to spend like hundreds of dollars on one, at least not at this point. Eventually I'll get a really nice RooR though.:wave:

6. I do personally, I had a festival glass bong as my first one way back, when I moved onto regular glass bongs though I fell in love, that would be a great one to start out on imo.

7. Yeah it looks higher quality, but for some reason to me it seems like more of a solo smoking bong. Idk why, but it just seems like a festival glass bong is more of a bong that you pass around with friends, which is what I'm looking for. I smoke on my own but I mainly want the bong for smoking with friends. Hopefully that makes sense :smoke: