Do you think they'll let me go?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Iceman420, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Alright, so I was at this party last night, and I didn't drink at all since I'm not really a fan of alcohol in general. No one had pot at the party so i didnt smoke either. I just came for the social aspects.

Anyways, I came with a friend, and he got totally wasted. After the party, he said he was gonna drive, but I prevented him. Since I don't have my license at all, I couldn't legally drive. In conclusion, I drove because simply it was better than a drunk driving and having a chance getting killed.

Long story short, I got pulled over for going 5 over, and basically had to tell the 5-0 that I only had a permit and my friend was drunk. I told the officer that I would rather have me driving illegally than a drunk driver.

I'm going to court in a couple days. What are my options? Will they let me go?

2. if your friend had his license for a certain period of time no crime was even committed.

3. all i can say is you have some fucked up tags in this post "driving and smoking, drunk driving, innocent like5 year old, no pedobear, parties, police gets fucked" ....

4. that sucks. imo you did the right thing. i dont think much will happen to you..

5. it is illegal for someone with a drivers permit to drive with someone whos intoxicated, but i dont think you'll be in too much trouble, you did the right thing

6. You probably wont be able to get your DL until you're 18 now. ;)

7. oh shit my bad. i thought it didnt matter if they had their license for the 2 year period or w/e even if they were drunk.

8. [quote name='"ProvidencePlant"']You probably wont be able to get your DL tell you're 18 now. ;)[/quote]

I hope he's 18.

9. uh ya

10. they have to.

if they don't they're promoting drunk driving

11. THIS THREAD
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o&feature=related]trolololol - YouTube[/ame]

12. The judge will take one look at your case, look you in the eyes and say "We need more kids like you".. You took initiative, and did the right thing to get everyone home safely, I'm sure they won't do much to you. Probably just a slap on the wrist. Whatever the outcome, fill us in!

13. [quote name='"Koffing"']The judge will take one look at your case, look you in the eyes and say "We need more kids like you".. You took initiative, and did the right thing to get everyone home safely, I'm sure they won't do much to you. Probably just a slap on the wrist. Whatever the outcome, fill us in![/quote]

Well said.

14. really.......fuck tht cop

15. meh you could have taken a cab or your friend could have had a plan to get home after the party.

16. OP I dunno where you are from, but I got a speeding ticket when being a DD one night, cop didn't want to hear anything about being a DD and doing 5 over.

Court didn't go so well, ie no drop or lowered charges... but that is in NJ..