Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone blazed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GreenLady36, Jun 10, 2009.

1. #1 GreenLady36, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    I was just sitting here high--again and the thought occured to me after I updated my signature. The reason why I wrote "WTF is wrong with people?" is because I am sick of hearing about all this pain, suffering and misery. I just wish that people would chill the fuck out!

I wish every kid was fed and safe from harm. I'm really getting weary of hearing about the atrocities brought upon children. I can't stand injustice towards anyone undeserving of it, really. I guess, my idealistic opinion on how things should be is too idealistic.

It just seems like the bad outweighs the good by far. Weed can't even console me against this madness, however it allows me to rest my mind and mellow out. I, too am guilty for some of this madness, yet I try to practice the Golden Rule for the most part.

My questions to you Grasscity heads are:

Do you think that the world would be a better place if every adult was able to smoke herb and if most did partake?

Do you feel that marijuana promotes or facilitates the practice of the Golden Rule?

For those of you unfamiliar with biblical phrases, the Golden Rule is simply, "Do Unto Others as You Would Have Done to Yourself" or something like that.

Sorry for the depressing thread.

Ponder, Respond, Smoke on.:smoking:

2. If everyone blazed? No, there are too many irresponsible people. But I do believe that more people would be able to sit back and look at things for what they really are instead of blindy criticizing things they don't like.

Do I believe it promotes the "golden rule"? It might to some people.

3. #3 Stoopid Toker, Jun 10, 2009
    no.

It would be different, in a bad way.

And we want people to be unique and different. Weed for everyone would hurt more than it would help imo...

edit: just read the title and posted, but after reading your post... HELL NO, lol.

Golden rule? pfft, i know plenty of people that wouldnt ever thing about stealing shit (like myself) until they started smoking, and i cant say i havent pinched my roommates sack while he was out. I would hate it if some1 did that to me, but smoking is the only reason i did it.

4. No, how will this feed and house children. How will this cure poverty and crime.

Not everyone is meant for weed and lets face it, MOST of us stray from daily duties while high. I view weed as a relaxing thing to do when I have nothing going on...it should not interrupt the important things.

For us blades, we enjoy it...not everyone will.

5. No. Think about all the murders, they almost all happen in the hood, and almost everyone in the hood smokes buddah. I don't know, I mean, I think it should be legal, and I love smoking, but for some reason I think it would be bad if EVERYONE did. Second thought, I was thinking if we were always high. If you just smoked after work, and after you got all your shit done, the world would be fine. People could work harder at work, because when they're not working, they are truly relaxing and just forgetting their troubles.

6. not a good idea.

7. If everyone smoked, you would not have an awesome subculture.

8. No way. That would be absolutely horrible. NOTHING would ever get done. Yes, some of us may be productive when stoned, but the majority of us aren't. Besides everyone would be too laid back about EVERYTHING. Sure everyone loves a laid back mellow person, but some things need to be taken serious and this could not happen if everyone smoked.

9. If very important people blazed the world would be better, but not if everyone blazed.

10. i think the world would be a better place if everyone smoked. only if they started to smoke from the perspective of personal growth and to just enjoy and appreciate the different perspective. And not to see how "fucking fucked up we can fucking get"

11. The world would be a better place if everyone were cool with marijuana. They don't actually have to smoke it.

12. I said this once and got criticized. I'll say it again.

It would suck if everyone smoked weed. It would ruin the culture and unity of the true stoners alike.

13. Exactly. :hello:

14. This.:)

15. #15 Miklelottesen, Jun 10, 2009
    There'll always be people in the world who suffers undeservingly and that's just the way it is. I know how you feel, but you just have to put your mind off it. Of course you should still care and have your heart in the right place etc., but you really shouldn't let it become that big a part of your life; it's unhealthy. Try focusing on your own life, do what you can (and want) to help, be a good person (I'm not implying that you aren't, your post suggests that you are) and just live your life - that is, and should also be, the most important to you.

As for everybody smoking weed: I only think it would work if we had a very bureaucratic government; too many people would get too unorganized. Also, there should be an extra tax on cbn (indica), as that's the strain people get lazy from (not saying that indica makes you lazy, just that it's more likely to it than sativa), lol

16. everyone? nah. i love weed and wish i could smoke multiple times daily, but it's definitely not for everyone.

17. No because everyone would be to lazy to work and nothing would get accomplished.

18. I don't really have an opinion on everyone smoking weed, but the "golden rule" is definitely something that everyone should think about constantly. I try my hardest to think about it everytime I do something to others, like judge them or maybe throw a few insults at them. It's a real self-check to just think 'how would I feel if someone was saying this shit about me?'. Might sound stupid to talk about something so obvious, but I don't think people think like that enough.

19. I also think that there are lots of people who smoke weed and still don't seem to have any sort of 'golden rule' policy that they go by. of course, i wouldn't really know because I don't go around asking. but my point is, I don't think smoking weed is the answer for that. it's inevitable that there are going to be unpeaceful people and shitty things going on in the world, and there's no 1 way of solving that. It's yin and yang, you've got to have some shitty stuff in the world to balance out the wonderful things. we wouldn't know the meaning of the word "good" if we didn't experience things that were...uhhh, not good.

'nawwwmean?

:smoking:

20. No that would be terrible. I always feel so good about myself when im walking down the street high and i see some guy who isn't high and i just say to my self *sucks to be him* :D its classic