Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think the cavemen used to get high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BakieBoy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Do you think the cavemen used to get high. i am writing a report for my govronment class :confused:

2. Probably. Have you seen some of the cave drawings? lol shits crazy

but serious though most likely. If not from weed probably from some other naturally occurring plant.

3. jesus smoke cannabis

4. I'm almost positive atleast some people from every period in time enjoyed cannabis, Its been around long enough.

EDIT: Damnit, I gotta edit like every time I post in a thread cause im too stoned to type, every time i;m typing any word I think of gets typed down.

5. they would have to invent fire first or some shit

6. Well, you can get high from eating it, so I would assume that at least one caveman ate a plant before, if it was around.

7. yes this is true, but i dont remember if you can get high eating a big ass bud, maybe u do? i dont remember

8. Not some of the first cavemen and all, but probably when people started to communicate. Because for drugs to get popular people have to talk about them to each other or get ideas across to each other about it. Idk though, I wasn't there

9. caveman...

is that 250k year ago?

125k years ago

or 18k ago?

the first literates wrote about it, the chinese, over 5000 years ago

first decide what you mean by caveman and got high

10. that was cannabis oil extract, and a bit 'after' the caveman era

11. You're about 2 million years away from the OP's question :p

12. since its for school anything related would score you points; stoned ape by terrence mckenna, food for thought

13. Wait so youre telling me jesus hit the hash n got chinese eyed

14. Of course!

Why do you think they invented the wheel?
    Pure laziness :p

15. Maybe they were sitting around a campfire, burning some strange plant that someone found, and a while later they were contemplating the meaning of life.
    Numer 1: Ugga-bugga
    Number 2: Totally.

16. not necessarily cannabis.
    They could take shrooms and other plants.
    I believe there's even an evolution theory that statesnthat where our brain developed further than apes was because they started consuming shrooms and other drugs and expanded their knowledge.
    I don't really support this theory but its pretty interesting

17. Recycling from another post- ;)

Cannabis grows in the wild and has fair-sized seeds which are very nutritious! Cannabis entered into our lives as a food and fiber source. The long, useful fibers would be easy to "discover" by just looking at last year's dead, half-rotted plants!

Now the seeded buds would have been a food source and gathered whole to be processed later in the safety of the camp. The left-over bud would be "waste" from the food production and likely dumped into the fire! The tent, shelter or cave, gets smokey! This introduces the human race to getting high from smoke! Shamans take note of this and study the already useful herb further. Medicinal uses are discovered! :D

Now, as to how we started smoking pipes! I think that some bright ancestor figured out that pulling air through tinder would work better than blowing on the tinder when starting a fire! [​IMG]

Starting a fire became a two man job. One making the spark onto the tinder, as the other uses a pipe to pull air through the tinder! Cannabis bud would be a reasonable choice of tinder material- resiny so it would catch fire and make a coal, easy to find, the smoke is not acrid, and it didn't poison you! [​IMG] (And sometimes it made you feel "different".)

Breathing smoke is not something we normally do, so I image that they passed the pipe between the two "fire starters" a few times before putting the coal on to the waiting tinder in the fire pit. They would need a breath of air between puffs. It would become a bonding experience- just as toking is today! [​IMG]

And as time went on, the shamans learned that the plants from the big rocky gorge worked better as medicine than the ones from the field by the hill! And selective breeding got started!

And a few articles from "Granny Storm Crow's List" to help you along! (Every student should have the List! See the bottom of my sig to get yours! :D )

Drugs in Prehistory: Chemical Analysis of Ancient Human Hair. (abst – 1998) Elsevier

Ancient Psychoactive Incense and Preparations (news- undated)
    Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP (full – 1975)
    ELECTRONOMICON - EARLY DIFFUSION AND FOLK USES OF HEMP

The Religious and Medicinal Uses of Cannabis in China, India and Tibet (full - 1981)
    http://www.cnsproductions.com/pdf/Touw.pdf

Cannabis in India: ancient lore and modern medicine (full - 2005)
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/Russo_CannabisInIndia_Mechoulam2005.pdf

The Great Keneh Bosem Debate - Part 1 (article – 2009) The Great Keneh Bosem Debate - Part 1 | Cannabis Culture

Part 2 of the Great Keneh Bosem Debate: (article – 2009)
    Part 2 of the Great Keneh Bosem Debate: | Cannabis Culture

Ancient Egypt and Cannabis (news – 2011)
    Ancient Egypt and Cannabis - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com

Cannabis and Women's Health Part 1: Historic Evidence (news – 2011)
    Cannabis and Women's Health Part 1: Historic Evidence - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com

Comment on "Did Jesus use cannabis?" (forum post – 2011)
    Answer Comments - Quora

Archaeobotanical study of ancient food and cereal remains at the Astana cemeteries, Xinjiang, China. (full – 2012) PLOS ONE: Archaeobotanical Study of Ancient Food and Cereal Remains at the Astana Cemeteries, Xinjiang, China

Shiva, lord of bhang. (abst – 2012) Shiva, Lord of Bhang. [Subst Use Misuse. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

History of Hemp (article – 2012) Innvista | A wealth of information on a variety of natural and holistic topics

That took me about a minute to put together! What could you do if you had a copy of my List? ;)

Granny

18. Cavemen wiped their asses with eachothers dicks, so yeah they had to be high for that shit

19. You know how I know you're underage?
    Posts like that...
    Uniformed and immature.