Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think smoking can speed up your metabolism?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by K1ngSk1n, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone! First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone after about 2 years of only reading the subscriptions in my inbox, I'm still alive, just incredibly stoned :smoke:.

I wanted to ask you guys if you thought pot has any sort of effect on your metabolism / ability to put on OR (most importantly) lose weight? Because I have been smoking about 3 years now (for the last year and a half daily (like wake and bake, perma-stoned daily)) and I have lost about 2.5 stone.

Just to put this in picture for you guys, I'm 6,3" and weigh 10 stone (used to be 9.5 but edged up over a few months). But, there's more, last week I ate 3 McGangBangs (if you haven't tried this put a Mayo Chicken (McChicken) between a McDouble off the PoundSaver (Dollar) menu. £2.29 ($2) for a burger that sends the big mac Running off with its tail between it's legs. Add a large fries and that's a case of the munchies sorted for 3.60 ($3.something). On top of that I eat quite a bit of shitty fried food at the kebab / fried chicken shop that I work at (deliveries :smoke:).

So I want to know if this is one of 2 possible answers that are running through my head right now:

a) Being a toker gives you the ability to demolish any ungodly combination of fried food (read McGangBang... Seriously, try it)
    OR
    b) I am eating a healthy and balanced diet that is giving me just enough calories (again, read McGangBang)
    OR
    c) Something else much more logical.

So there you have it blades, that is my stoner predicament. Hope I can get some information on this. Happy tokin' and peace from England

2. eating more often per day increases metabolism, but that doesn't always mean weight loss. Depends how big your meals are. It's best to eat 5-6 small meals per day imo.

3. From personal experience, it has actually helped me lose weight without trying. After about a year and a half of toking I started to lose weight, I lost about 25 to 30 pounds and its a lot easier to stay at a certain weight now it seems.

4. Well, if there were two people sitting on a couch - one stoned and the other sober- I think the stoned guy would be burning more energy. The heart rate goes up, the mind is trying to pick apart the universe, and focusing on things is almost too easy. People want to think that stoners are numbed-up bumbs, but there's a lot going on inside. That's why I don't even like the term "stoner."
    How about "explorer" or "pilot" or "seeker"...

5. true that makes you feel less hungry instead of eating a huge meal all at once and getting calorie surplus. when i used to bulk up i used to eat every 2 hours even if i didn't feel like it.

6. I lost 110lb's in a three year peroid and it drove my Doc up a tree. I took a 1 month t-brake and put on five lb's. The only thing the Doc can come up with is the Cannabis kinda leveled my body out. Everyone else gets the munchies, I have to remind myself to eat. All I know is I feel a lot better at 186lbs than I did at 296lbs, bye the way that's 10 inches around the waist.

So yeah, I think Cannabis can, maybe, help a person lose weight.

7. yes, yes it does

8. Same. My normal weight prior to smoking was 150-155 which I maintained for 11 years. After daily smoking for a year my weight had dropped to 125 despite eating whatever I wanted. I've been on a antidepressant that's notorious for weight gain for about 9 months and I'm still at only 140 lbs.