Do you think sex is allowed in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Here on Earth many religions view sex as dirty. How do you think God views sex and do you think God lets people have sex in heaven?

2. You referring to christianity?
    Well I view it as (not saying we) as a sacred thing to be shared between a married couple (so I don't like divorcing) so long as its with your partner I dont see why not. It is a beatiful thing isnt it.

3. The Bible says in heaven you are no longer married to your spouse. At least, from what I recall. So, in Heaven, there is no marriage, no love, and no sex. :)

Oh, can we please go to Heaven!?! I know I am looking forward to it...

4. [quote name='"Liquidtruth"']The Bible says in heaven you are no longer married to your spouse. At least, from what I recall. So, in Heaven, there is no marriage, no love, and no sex. :)

Oh, can we please go to Heaven!?! I know I am looking forward to it...[/quote]

Oh... Well heaven is just so mysterious

5. I don't view sex as dirty. Songs of Solomon is all about sex. It's truly a beautiful thing that many of us take advantage of.

I don't look at it as "not being allowed" rather that we won't have a propensity towards it. All I want to do in heaven is worship my Savior, for eternity. That sounds amazing to me and just thinking about it gives me a rush of serotonin.. maaaan

6. Cue 5423 hours later and you'll be looking for a gun and a bullet, just, one, bullet!

7. I hope my robe is yellow then and not white

8. I don't think you have "sex" in heaven, not physical sex. But it's more of an infinite merging of souls, at least in my opinion.

9. Why think about the after life? Did you think about what came before?

Frankly I have too much to think about: as I am living now.

Just $0.02 from your local Buddhist.

10. Why? Because that is our eminent future.

I believe 'living now' is beneficial to one's well-being, however, so is pondering the mystery of what will come after we depart this realm, if we even depart, that is.

11. My theology teacher told me that everyone in heaven wont have a sex or we all would be the same sex.. We will be with our loved ones and we will all look like our best moment when we were alive, but everyone is the same sex.

So there wont be a way of showing the love ..ex(kissing,feeling,sex) we would just know and feel the love from the inside..

Some wiers shit lol.

12. Wait there is a heaven?

13. #13 weedian, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011

Just so you know, been there done that "arguing/debating" religion.

Question:

You're monotheist, right (as in a believer of the permutations or alterations of the great Abrahamic religions [Judaism, Christianity, Islam] born in the specific cultural and social contexts of what is now known to us as the "Middle East")?

That's fine, I certainly do not begrudge your faith. In fact if your faith enhances your life and that of those around you, aids in creating a stronger, more compassionate community, then you are worthy of significant accolade.

In the Buddhist perspective, right action is that which does not cause nor exacerbate
    suffering. The concept of suffering is too big to get into now, so let's just say it is similar to the problematic concept of sin (and that none of us are without it) as it is extolled.

Many people are rightly confused about concepts such as karma. But it's not that hard, karma unlike the popular concept is not about simplistic divine retribution and payback (what goes around, comes around) and is in essence: "Actions have consequences". Therefore Buddhists strive toward "enlightenment".

Again, unlike in Christianity where heaven is a final destination, a reward for toil (a concept powerfully linked to the suffering of an ethnic/tribal group known as the Jews, it makes sense really, the religion says to its adherents: "this is hell on earth but even if you are taken be assured that your fate lies with heaven" etc), the principle of enlightenment isn't. In other words, remembering that "actions have consequences" the Buddhist acts in ways correct, proper and true to his/her family/community/cultural/national context. Unlike Jesus, the Buddha was the son of no god (notice how I didn't capitalise that? I'm implying plurality), nor was he a prophet, he was merely a man who thought about life.

Let me say that again

thought about life.

Pondering the afterlife is of no use to me whether Buddhist, Christian or Atheist. It is an abstraction a wholly unknowable phenomenon during the course of our lives. However, pondering the ways in which I can be better to the people around me, to be true and honest and genuine and to ameliorate the suffering of others NOW is of much greater necessity.

Let me conclude that the fate of this world is not destined to any geographic region. Please remember that the monotheism espoused by Abrahamic religious followers comes from a particular place and time and to serve certain needs of certain people. Your "heaven" and mine are very different places. But these thoughts alone are enough to condemn or let us not mince words damn me. But do I care? Not really, because how I am now to the people whom I love and whom are loved be me, to my community, to the environment and to everyone's favourite Aunt, Mrs Mary-Jane is what matters.

Peace be with you on your spiritual journey. May you find the heaven you seek and may you and the rest of us be made better for you labours.

14. Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

I'm surprised it took this long for the athiest to step in.

15. If you sin in heaven do you go to hell?

Who gives a fuck

16. everyone will just be having aural sex.

17. The Lord's prayer says ”on Earth as it is in Heaven” so wouldn't that mean that Heaven is like Earth but without the hardship and worry.

18. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']

Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

I'm surprised it took this long for the athiest to step in.[/quote]

Out before the flame war. Eeek

19. Which reminds me, angels don't have free will, right?

So maybe they lack desire.

20. HA! I was the third post. :p