Do You Think Pets Ever Think About Life?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tokinsince2012, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Hey guys! Interesting question here... I'm sitting with my guinea pig just kinda passing time. I look into his eyes and wonder if he thinks about the reason for his existence like I do sometimes. I wonder just how simple minded pets can be. What kind of thoughts that go through their minds and how they feel about those thoughts. Do you think they understand their position in this world? Do you think they get depressed over these thoughts like I do sometimes? I can't imagine being a small guinea pig living in a cage my whole life and be perfectly content with it. What are your guy's thoughts? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403206875.821197.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403206894.462506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. hey buddy, are you sure your old enough to be on here?

You'll never be the man your mother was.

3. i knew I'd get that kind of reply from someone.
    I know I look young, but I'm actually 18 and fresh out of high school.

4. I don't think guinea pigs have that degree of sentience.

Sent from my XT1055 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I butchered a duck and 3 roosters in front of my flock of chickens and they were freaked out for a couple days.
    The know what death is for sure.

6. not just guinea pigs. Any animal really. Dogs, cats, birds, etc

7. lolol what the hell. I guess that kind of answers my question

8. It spins me out thinking about how they don't know what they are.
    Like obviously they can't go "oh I'm a cat" but do they know they're a cat?
    And when they have a thought, what do their brains do?? Like we go "oh I feel like doing this today" but they can't do that!

ps looks like a pretty existentially aware guinea pig

9. My point wasn't species-specific. While many animals clearly have some level of understanding of what's going on around them, I'm pretty sure at the brain level they're reacting more so than actually thinking.

10. My dogs and cats have come to me when hurt and sick. they stay by my side every minute.

They know when the are sick I will help them get back to our happy life.

Today my geese were being assholes to my old alpha male dog, he had to give them a warning.

Fucking geese are mean as hell 2 months old, attacked a guy the other day he was 6'4" 250#.

11. I know my dog thinks about how he can be within a foot of me or my mom at all times but other than that I think it's mostly eat, sleep, fuck for animals.

12. I think most animals are far more intelligent and aware than we give them credit for.

13. I've seen my hamster have sex and I know she enjoys it that little slut

Omega369

14. you tell me

[​IMG]

nigga's deep in thought

luv him tho

15. Me and my pet koala like to sometimes sit in our eucalyptus trees and ponder life together. Its like meditation for us kind of.

Its quite relaxing and peaceful.

16. I once had a 4 hour conversation with my cat after ingesting a certain unmentionable fungi. ;)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I think this too, just like little kids how people think they don't know what's going on but they do

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. One of my golden retrievers certainly has a personality to him. While he's not the smartest, and the other two who act much more like a traditional dog than a human outwit him on the daily, I'd still say that he has a stronger grasp on life and what/who he is. 

I swear he's a reincarnated human put into a dogs body sometimes. 

19. I'd love to hear about that one.

20. #20 0ri0n, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    I think in some ways animals are wiser than us. I see a dog chilling under a tree or a horse just walking the pasture or a cat watching me from the window and I just feel like they understand and ponder primeval things about life and the universe that we can't even comprehend. Thoughts don't only have to be in the form of speech which animals don't possess. Some of the most wondrous things I've ever felt I can only remember as vibes and dreamy hazy images, words can't even do them justice.