Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

- Do you think Oaksterdam University is a waste of money?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EddieNashton, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Especially seeing as this website provides so much information as it is...

What do you guys think? Has anybody attended this university?

2. Following written instructions is a lot less effective than hands on learning, imo.

3. someone can explain things to you a hundred times but until you physically do it yourself you wont fully understand. Trial and error is huge with growers and it can take a few years to get a strain dialed in perfect. Do you want to go through these situations by something you "heard" online or would you like someone with years experience standing next to you showing you how they have been doing it for years?

I was taught how to grow hydroponically and everything went well. When I tried soil I got so fed up with variables that I never went back to soil.

Hydro is the way to go for me but If no one showed me hydro step by step for 2 years I probly wouldnt be a good grower at all.

4. I see.
    I'm just wondering if it's worth going out to Cali to take those classes lol.

5. It can be worth it, but you can get a lot of trial and error for the costs of travel and oaksterdam. Up to you really, depends on good of a greenthumb you already have :)

6. To be honest, I know nothing of growing besides reading stuff on here. I plan to start growing in my closet [after moving to CT, into my sisters apartment after Christmas].

I mean, I plan to just save up and buy all the equipment that I need and just get to it with guidance from GC.

7. What is it that you want to major in? I think its a waste.

8. [quote name='"EddieNashton"']

To be honest, I know nothing of growing besides reading stuff on here. I plan to start growing in my closet [after moving to CT, into my sisters apartment after Christmas].

I mean, I plan to just save up and buy all the equipment that I need and just get to it with guidance from GC.[/quote]

If ur in CT there is the same kind of classes in Portland Maine not as far as cali u could commute a long commute but closer than cali