Do you think my purple kush bud has root rot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mlester02, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Please help me determine whether it does or doesn't. My boyfriend and I keep going back and forth on the subject. I don't think it does, he thinks it does. About two weeks ago he flushed all his plants with what we think was way to much water. About a week later he said they had root rot and white mold and began to harvest them. This is what the buds look like. If you need more pics let me know and I can post. Any advice or help you can give will be greatly appreaciated.

Attached Files:

2. I don't see mold or mildew ytake another pic

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. root rot, pythium has a stinky sock smell, is a fungus that lives in the roots

look for the sagging tops thats the only real visualization, of value

as they are going to harvest

whats the big deal

good luck

4. You didnt take a picture of your roots lmao

5. I've read hydroguard is great for root rot and have been using for a couple weeks as I thought I might have it as well(slight stinky sock smell). Plants have already grown 4" in the last 10 days, and hadn't grown since I got them around day 45 veg from a friend. I will be using it throughout from here on in small doses. .5 ml every water per gallon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. What strain? It looks like one of the best red strains I have seen that was not grown by the breeder or seed company.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Whoops wrong thread

8. Little confused, r u the ops boyfriend?

9. Crap, the op stated purple kush. Nah those plants look awesome.

10. Lol no Sry wrong thread,

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Root rot usually occurs in the ROOTS of plants in a dwc setup and is caused by high res temps, or lack of oxygen in the solution.
    Maybe you meant bud mould and powerdy mildew?
    PM looks like a whitish grey powder on the leaves and buds and can be controlled. Search these forums for help on it.
    Bud mould is usually dark grey or black and is within the buds themselves. The mould areas will become mushy to the touch. Discard buds with mould....very dangerous
    I done see either prob in the pics but not real clear