Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think my phone is tapped?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Valtrex_Man, Feb 28, 2007.

1. A week or two ago this shady looking hispanic guy approached me after work about buying some mids. He showed them to me and it didn't look bad, but I told him I didn't need any now. He said if I gave him my phone number he would call me with his # (he said his phone was broken). I stupidly agreed and have yet to hear from this guy. Do you think he was an undercover cop who took my number to get my phone tapped? Anyone reply, I'm kind of freaking out. BTW he didn't look very old and looked authentic (gold teeth, tattoos on his neck)

2. i doubt it, if they wanted your number bad enough, they would have just gone to your phone service provider. instead of getting involved in straight contact with you for it. could have just been some shady dealer.

3. You're fine, buddy, I really think so.

A judge very rarely, if ever, signs off on a tap unless they suspect a person of moving weight. They prefer to bust casual smokers on sight, rather than go through all of that trouble.

4. thanks for reassuring me, now I can sleep.

5. just be on the look out

6. yeah if you are moving weight though id watch out a guy around where i live had his phone tapped and i guess 3 diffrent ppl were going over their wearing wires and buying sacks and eventually he got busted of course but i bet if they really wanted to tap ur phone they would be able to do it just like that and not have to get your number directly from you but who knows man that dude could be an undercover just trying to bust you for buying an ounce or somthing i mean of course theirs a chance hes just a pothead like the rest of us but you cant be too careful when it comes to shit like that

7. why in the world would you give your phone number to some shady mexican with gold teeth???

8. patriot act.

9. This has nothing to do with that. Seriously dude, government phone taps are nothing new. Warrantless phone taps kind of are but at the same time they've probably been going on for a while, they just weren't "Kosher".

Unless you're a dealer I wouldn't worry. Plus that isn't how they get your number normally anyway. Maybe it was some other kind of scam but I don't think it was the feds.

10. the number thing, probably was him watching his own ass. Alot of dealers don't like to give out their number until they call you first and feel you out.

11. And they say stoners are paranoid...

12. oh i know that its nothing new, but if the goverment really saw you as a serious threat they could easily check records for anybody. But you buying a sack of weed they could care less about... you are straight man, if you're sketch jsut call your guy and dont' say anyhting about buying a sack.

"hey is it cool if i come through?"
    "do you wanna meet at the usual spot?"

13. if he showed you the herb i seriously doubt it was a cop. since when do cops go around with sacks of weed? intrapment???

14. paranoid id say. i bet he lost the number

15. No one here really knows anything about the law, no offense. If the mexican guy approached YOU, thans entrapment. Dont worry, the guy is just a shady mexican dude. If he was a cop, and you did buy the mids and got busted, the case would be scrapped since the cop would have approached you instead of you approaching him.

16. That's a pretty dangerous assumption to be making.