Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think my new job will drug test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TokinShortie, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Yes, the infamous "Will I get a drug test question!"

So, I got a new job at a private law firm. Did a phone interview, in person interview, and lunch interview.
    They called to offer me the job. I accepted and gave my two weeks at my current job. They told me what documents to bring on my first day, where to park, etc. They did not mention a drug test at any point during all of these interviews or when offering me the job. I don't remember if they had it in their job posting because I don't even know which job posting it was that called me back. I have submitted my resume to like 10 listings on Craiglist over the last few months. Only 1 or 2 mentioned having a drug test.

Anyways though...Do you think I will get a drug test? I really just want some reassurance. I only ask because I got super excited that I got the job and smoked. (My current job does randoms and I have felt so supressed for so long!!)

I feel ridiculous about this. When I'm at work all day, I can reassure myself that it is fine, but then I get home and start doubting and fretting about it :/

2. I don't want to give bad information because I don't really know.  It sounds like you already got the job so in my opinion they won't drug test you now, unless they just wanted to waste a bunch of their time and resources hiring someone with dirty piss.  Did they mention anything about their drug policy or give you any papers that might contain that info?  

3. No. I haven't received any paperwork or heard any mention of a drug test at all.

I don't see why they would go through all the trouble either, but I'm being super paranoid. I guess being at a job for a few years where they do randoms and you will lose your job might do that to you....

4. No doubt.  Also you say its a private firm and I would believe they are more lenient on those types of things since they have a better idea of who they are hiring.

5. So you don't smoke daily? It will probably disappear from system relatively shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Well I smoked for a few days until I thought about it :/